Sunday 14 September 2014

Glittering

Hello!! This is a new dress I made for Coco with one of the fabrics that hubby bought me as part of my birthday present, last month. The fabric is very different to what I'm used to sew, so I did a full pattern test on some test fabric that I have (I did tweet that photo, if you want to check it) to see if the pattern would work.

I really love how shiny and sparkly and everything this fabric is, and also love how it falls on the skirt, they way it drapes is pretty impressive. Also, I did finally learn how to make circle skirts and make them work out :3

















To be honest, this are the first photos I took with a completely artificial light. The day was totally over-casted, gray and with so much mist I almost couldn't see much through the window. I was completely decided to take photos, so did a big setup (including a mini fan to softly move the skirt and make the fabric shine... for long-exposure photos that turned out bad) with three lights, two reflectors, and the mini fan.

I did intended to take pictures of the setup because I was so proud of it, but when I was finishing I moved out, somehow I stumbled with my chair, hit one of my tables and the worst happened: one of my lamps fell to the floor and the glass exploded in pieces. Gladly, the daylight bulb was OK (I tested it), Coco was OK too, no glass on my feet... but my setup was destroyed T_T

Hope to get a new glass (don't know how that is called... you know, the glass part that goes on top/around the bulb... in this case, it was a frosted white glass that had a really nice diffusion in the light).

Anyways, hope you like the dress :3

8 comments :

  1. I think these are my favorite pictures of Coco so far. And you chose the right wig for t too, I tought the blonde would look better but she looks AMAZING like this.

    The dress is spectacular, it looks very professional and so sexy *u* and the fabric s gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I think I'm missing the blonde wig, will have to do a matching dress, hahaha. I'm so happy you like the dress and the photos!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that dress is absolutely gorgeous! I love how shiny it is. *o*
    Great pictures too! I can hardly get decent pictures in daylight, so I'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :D I love the fabric, it is amazing!!
      I was impressed too, didn't thought they will come up so decent! :D I'm really happy you like it :3

      Delete
  3. That dress is fabulous, and I love how the fabric of that dress catches the light!

    Did you knit the shawl as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The shawl was done by my mother as a sample for our commission service/etsy store :)

      Delete
  4. The skirts indeed flows very well, and looks to be a very goot fit. Good graftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete