Sunday 8 March 2015

[Review] Withdoll Silver Heels

Or as I prefer, the Cinderella Heels :3 This shoes can be acquired here, and only fit Withdoll girls heel feet: they do not work on flat feet.

I wanted to do this, because I have seen that there is not much information about this resin shoes, many people are "afraid" of them (possible from breaking the shoes) or don't like them. I think this is an incredible special part/complement, and that there is only good things about spreading a little more information on this topic. 


The review starts under the cut :3


Resin Quality

Withdoll sales page states that this heels are made with crystal resin and pearl, and then coated with urethane. They are really soft at the tact, and by touching it I get a similar sensation than when touching a drinking glass made with crystal. The shoes have a light weight, but are pretty sturdy.

An important thing is that when examining them up close, you can see that the glitter is not in the surface but inside, verifying the urethane coating. They are really clear, and when the doll is not wearing the shoes, you can see through them (except when trying to look through the frontal platform). 

However, the shine more golden-ish if the light you are using for the photos is sunlight or similar, or shine really silver-ish in case you are using white lights. At simple eye-sigh, they always look clear and some glitter can be seen as green, red or blue, depending how much you play with lights.

The heels seem to have been done in two parts: the main shoe, and the back heel, and then glued together. The is a slight mark on the inside of the shoe were the heel was glued, but it is barely noticeable at simple sight, and it is completely hided when the doll is wearing the shoes.



Wearing the Heels

The heels are pretty easy to wear -and take in mind that I'm a scaredy-cat, always afraid of breaking something-, but due to how fitted they are to a Withdoll girl heel feet, I don't think they will fit another type of feet.

In order to wear them, first lock the fingers on the frontal part, and then softly push the heel (of the foot) down to the shoe. Beware of checking that both shoes are fitted equally, in order to not loose the balance of the doll!


To remove the shoes, just be careful of grabbing the foot with one hand, and the thick part of the shoe with the other (don't pull from the heel!) and they will simply unlock and come of pretty easy.

However, the shoes are so fitted that it is impossible to make the doll wear socks or similar. I tried to put on a thin glittering panty-hose, and there was no way the shoes would fit her.


Pose-ability

A main question will surely be: how well does the doll stand on those shoes? After I overcame my usual fear of breaking something, I found out that the poseability is nice! Coco stands perfectly on them, she can hold several poses with her legs, and the heels look real and awesome. It is worth noting that they make her 1.5cm tall than what she usually is with heel feet.


Finally, it is noteworthy that you need a very small aperture in your camera in case your don't want the shoes to make bokeh. They are bokeh-makers! :D



Anyways, I love the shoes! I will gladly buy more resin-shoes from Withdoll (especially the copper heels and the V-cute booties), since I think they are totally worth it. The waiting time seems to be around 1 month since ordering, and I believe you can ask for a registered-airmail shipping, instead of EMS... although that would probably be through their Q/A board.

If you have any question or photo request, please let me know!

14 comments :

  1. Those are so pretty, like the perfect fairytale heels ;___; If only I had a doll that could use them... Unfortunately all of my dolls that could wear heels in this style are in SD size :( Though the prettiness of these almost makes me want to buy a WD girl just so I could adore these heels ^^;;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I will probably make my tiny fairies find a stray Cinderella shoe :3
      And it is true, the best heels are always in SD size, so I'm happy to have this. I will gladly buy more! Hahahaha.
      I thought you had a WD girl? An Angela?

      Delete
    2. Yeah I do have WD Angela, but she wears mori girl type of clothing and these fancy heels just don't fit her character at all :/ I'd need another girl for something elegant and fancy...

      Delete
    3. True, this won't look too mori, to be honest. Not even the copper ones =S
      All of your dolls are awesome, I'm sure that if you get one, she will be stunning as always!

      Delete
  2. They are really pretty!! I'm not much of a fan of see through shoes, but these ones look very pretty and the glitteris really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love them, for dolls, they truly look like crystal :3

      Delete
  3. They are go fancy! I can totally see what you love about them. Sad though, that they only fit Withdoll ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, thank you!! Well, you can maybe buy the heel feet too, and do an hybrid?

      Delete
  4. Están preciosos!!! Muy buena compra!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those heels are stunning! I wish they would fit Minifee feet! The idea of hybriding the Withdoll feet with the Minifee body is great, though! :D
    Thanks for sharing the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear!! Yes, the heels are stunning! Regarding MNF I can't know for sure... I know both feet have the same arc and wide, so you should maybe try?
      Sorry I can't help you =S

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, them shoes are so pretty! I love how the tiny toes can be seen trough. ^^ Thanks for sharing your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, they are gorgeous!
      Thanks to you for your support :3

      Delete