Wednesday, November 18, 2015

(Sort of) Yukatas Commission for Fox Boys!

Hello everybody! I want to share a recent commission I did for my friend Sol (no link, since she doesn't own dolly-only accounts): she requested to yukatas for her Little Monica Little Harmony boys, and here they are! I had to do a little research on the pattern, side that goes on top, and how to tie the obi, which proved a difficult task, sometimes. However, I'm fully aware they are not 100% perfect, and that is why the "sort of" on the title.

My friend chose the fabric, and the yukatas are sewn by hand, as always. I had taken some pics of Coco modeling them, but then we did a mini-meet and I was able to snap some pics of her boys wearing the yukatas, and special parts made by Morla, so here is spam!! I need to remark that I was taking photos while constantly asking "may I post this on my blog? May I?" and both of them were patiently "Yes, go ahead, don't ask, yes, post it" xD.

Anyways, here is Kliff (my friend uses the sculpt name, so he is a LittleMonica LittleHarmony Kliff, in normal skin) in his full fox-god glory! The fur tail is articulated and can bend! Please excuse the simplicity of the photos, but it was late in the night when we took this xD


This other guy is Dimitri (LittleMonica Little Harmony Demetri, in white skin). Sadly I completely forgot to compare the resin to Withdoll's >.< Next time!


My friend is still working on their background story. For now, she only sais they are siblings, lovers, and fox gods! Hence the fox ears and tails they have.




But then, they were interrupted!


Merry innocent as always, embarrassing Cookie and interrupting the little guys! Anyways, since I wasn't sure I was going to be able to take photos of Kliff and Dimitri with the yukatas, I had previously taken some basic photos of Coco, just to show them. I will share them anyways, so you can get a better look at them, but please take in mind that she is slimmer than LittleMonica boys!




I made her two male underwear (modern, of course) for her boys, which fitted perfectly, but silly me completely forgot to take pictures of it, and then after they were outfitted with the yukatas and tails, it was just too bothersome. I do have a crappy cellphone pic I took before, which you can see here.

Anyways, there is one last post with guest dolls incoming (featuring Jamenk again), and there is the winter Etsy event going on, too! Hope you are doing great, and thanks again to my friend Sol for commissioning me and allowing me to take photos!

Are you planning anything dolly-related for holidays? Hope you are doing great!

22 comments :

  1. They look super pretty :D And her choice of fabric is really great!
    You did a good job on them :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!
      They do look amazing, I'm really happy about it!! And the tail and ears looks perfect on them.

      Delete
  2. Tu trabajo como siempre impecable amiga!! Los nenes de Sol son adorables! Amé la foto con las chiquitas ♥♥♥
    La pasamos tan bien!!!! Espero que podamos repetirlo pronto :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡¡Muchas gracias amiga!! Si, la foto con Merry y Cookie quedó muy adorable :3
      Espero que lo podamos repetir :D

      Delete
  3. Me gustaron!!! Oye pero son parientes y amantes o leí mal? ajaja
    Están geniales las orejitas :D Morla es una genia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si, son hermanos y amantes en teoría, jajaja
      Las orejitas son preciosas pero me encanta la cosa, es tan suavecita!

      Delete
  4. Los chicos son hermosos y su relación hermanos-amantes me encanta para narrar una historia yaoi bien romántica. Los yukatas son una obra de arte al igual que las colas y las orejas (colas articuladas!! maravilloso!!) Todas las fotos son muy buenas pero la mejor es la de Merry interrumpiendo XD, ella es adorable. Te felicito, has hecho una costura fantástica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si, las colas y orejitas están preciosas!
      Merry interrumpiendo es adorable, ella siempre tan inocente xD

      Delete
  5. They are really beautiful! Great job! The fabric you used is gorgeous. The bendable tail is a great accessory for the two boys also :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, the fabric ended up looking really well, and they had matching polka-dot obi!
      The tails are amazing, to be honest :3

      Delete
  6. Ah they are both very lovely Musume, you have done a briliant job, the lilac floral is my favourite though. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so kind!
      And yes, the lilac one is really cute :3

      Delete
  7. Yukatas are awesome :3 I always love Japanese traditional wear and hope to make some kimonos one day ~
    Did you find this type of sewing pattern challenging? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      No, the pattern was not challenging, I bet I can easily switch it to another size. However, it was slower than usual to sew because I sew by hand and those really long seams took me sometimes 1 hour each. Also, this pattern consumes so much fabric! I managed to do it without any stay-stitch, and only folding/ironing and then sewing. I had to do a little research for the obi, and we settled down with a nagoya obi.
      I also only lined the main inner part and not the sleeves, because I didn't want them stiff. As I said, is not a perfect exact kimono, sadly, but an approximate.

      Delete
  8. Those look great - and I love the purple flower patterned fabric that you used for the one in particular! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, the purple/lilac one ended up looking really cute :3

      Delete
  9. Oh they look absolutely adorable! :D I love the yukatas on the boys, they fit so well! I do love the Coco in both of the yukatas. She wears them just so prettily! ^^ Lovely to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!
      Yes, the boys wear it really pretty :3 I will make a yukata/kimono sort of thing for my girls for Xmas! I want them in matching clothes!! :D

      Delete
  10. Great job on the kimonos, they turned out really lovely. :D And Coco totally rocks both of them, but again she looks great in anything, haha. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      Yes, Coco is my queen and she looks beautiful in everything :3

      Delete
  11. They look amazing, and the photos are so adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete