Sunday 28 December 2014

Golden White ~ Christmas Party Dress

Hello everybody! Today I bring the photos of the last dress of the year, a golden and white, fan-folded draped mini dress with a side train. It took me ages to do the drape, and I never thought it would be so difficult to make it... however, I did learn a lot from it, which is good! It has some things I don't like as always but I ended up liking it enough.

I also felt she was missing something with such an open cleavage and nothing in her neck, so I went back to look for my old bracelet-chains, and found the one Coco is wearing. Love it! Also, loved that Cookie and here had matching outfits for Xmas. Need to do that next year, too.


I love this photo, her eyes are so alive in here! Anyways, more pics under the cut.





And here I was, simply taking photos, when I decided to put my giant fan near, and play with the wind on the dress' train. Sadly, it didn't move Coco's hair as much as I wanted.

















It is barely visible on photos, but the golden details have beads decorating it, and it took quite a time to do it. As always, I lack ideas for the name of the dress, so Golden White it is. Also, silly me forgot to take pictures of the back of the dress T_T

Anyways, the bad thing is that the embroider+drape make the dress really thick in comparison to others, so I need to improve my technique. Nevertheless, I believe that due to being the first fan-folded dress I do, it is pretty decent.

I hope you had a wonderful and the merriest of Christmas! On Wednesday (last day of the year!) I'm going to post a small tag/meme, for anyone who wants to join!

6 comments :

  1. I think you did a winderful job with the dress, it's stunning!!!
    Coco looks very pretty in it. Every new dress you make I get more and more surprised with your skills!!
    I can't wait to see what you will be making by the end of next year !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, thank you!!! You are really kind!
      Personally I really think that I improved my sewing skills, even if just a little, but I learned so much things! Thank you :3

      Delete
  2. Grandioso!! el vestido es más espectacular de lo que yo imaginaba. Las fotos han quedado geniales y se luce Coco en todo su esplendor. Me imagino que no ha sido fácil hacer un traje como éste, pero ha valido la pena. Es precioso. Felicitaciones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡¡Gracias!! Me costó mucho, los drapeados tan pequeños eran mucho trabajo, pero quedó muy bien!

      Delete
  3. It's such a lovely dress! It sort of reminds me of these depictions of Greek goddesses that all shows do - white toga and lots of gold. And at the same time it's so elegant. I'd absolutely wear it, if I looked like Coco. n_n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really loved the result of the dress, I'm so happy you like it! :D

      Delete