Monday 7 November 2016

Coco's Cosplay for N7Day 2016

In case you didn't knew, I'm a fan of Bioware and their games. Today is about Bioware's Mass Effect... I love the game! I was a little uncomfortable with the key controls when I started the first game, but the story and Shepard's charisma (the playable character) got me in.

On Last year xmas, my awesome hubby managed to get me the hoodie that Shepard  wears on the third game, and I made it one of my 2016 goals to make a doll cosplay and take a photo of Coco with me and our N7 hoodies.

For those not on the Mass Effect fandom, on the story N7 is a training program, but it has also become the Mass Effect day: each November 7th! So this post comes one day early, but oh well... I didn't want to break my posting schedule xD


Here are more photos of Coco on her cosplay! I even had the red wig to match female Shepard's default hair :D

It was actually a huge issue to be able to make the hoodie. First, I didn't have any small cord to put on the hoodie, so I was bitching about my lack of it via whatsapp with my mom... then she suddendly knocks on my house's door, comes in with "okay let's teach you" attitude, does some weird things with a thread, and produces a cord of the correct size and length I needed, and then leaves. She is amazing xD




Then, another thing happened. I was a little scared about sewing the zipper as I never used one before... when I realized that the tiny zipper I had so much trouble to find, was useless. It was a closed bottom zipper and I needed an open-ended one. It was nearly impossible to find that size on regular zippers, so an open-ended was directly impossible. I was really sad, because I'm tired of things being so hard to get on this country =S Nevertheless, my hubby attempted to "refactor" my zipper. We finally managed to do it sewing and burning part of the zipper's tooth. It is not the most stable thing, but oh well. At least I did the hoodie.

And here we are together, although you can barely see me... that was the idea, though xD, I hate taking photos of myself.

But this one has a story. I didn't got the remote controller I wanted for the camera, so at the beginning I was struggling with the reversible screen of the camera, and shooting at myself with one hand, while holding Coco on the other. Then I requested help from the hubby... the first attempts were... lacking, to say so. He did not told me to move Coco so she was looking stiff and lost on a distant point, then he shot off the background, then my neck was looking so weird... and the amount of blurred photos (despise using a tripod) was incredible. But we managed!!! :D


Anyways, this was all for today! I won't annoy you with more doll cosplay photos xD But I can't wait to have more info about the upcoming Mass Effect game, named Andromeda! Also, I may have purchase more shoes for Coco, so now I have 4 packages stuck a customs! So lame T_T Hope you are having a great time!

12 comments :

  1. Ahh~ I also love Mass Effect (but only the first game) ~
    And the hoodie looks great. I adore the photo of you and Coco in matching outfits x3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D
      I love all the games, I was actually trying to replay the saga, but sadly I don't have much time left T_T

      Delete
  2. Hi Musume,
    Good thing you are persistent and your Mum is so wonderful, the hoodie looks great! Small zippers are difficult to find but if you need them in the future, try ordering them online, https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/zipit have heaps of different types & size zips.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I cannot "go buy it online", things are not that easy here, but thanks anyways ^^

      Delete
  3. I must say you keep amazing me with your handwork! Sometimes in the early days we used bigger plastic zippers which open from the bottom, in the same method that you used yours since they were too big and long (burn the plastic teeth from where want to cut the zipper). :) It's annoying how hard to get things are there but at least you make do what you have! Good work again dear, I love how you two look together. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are too kind!!

      Thanks for understanding, really. I'm so pissed off regarding this matter (how hard things are to get). And the diorama is defying that, I cannot even get dang paper flowers!

      Delete
  4. Never give up and some help from near and dear - then you hit the goal!
    I laughed out loud when I read about your mum just coming in, fixing it and then going. Mums can be like that, just wonderful and have the answer to almost everything! The hoodie looks just great and I love the photo of you two with matching photos. I think it is warm and caring, you share something together - you and your doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! You should have seen my O_o face when I saw my mom appearing with that face xDD But she knows so many tricks!

      Delete
  5. I'm not a gamer so I never heard of Mass Effect until now, but both hoodies look great--and your mom is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. preciosas!!! Ambas, tĂș y Coco con el cosplay, te ha quedado maravillosa la campera. Tus habilidades son sorprendentes. Me encanta la foto en la que posan juntas, es muy tierna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! Me alegro que te gustara :D

      Delete