Monday 16 July 2018

Welcome Home, Rot!

Oh well... it was bound to happen, we all know that! Aileendoll EU and we, as Musume&Okasan have been working together on a surprise. And because of that, Judit was so kind to gift me a Rot! Rot arrived on May 3rd (check the Instagram!), but the sealant to paint her did not arrive until June... and then, I was up to my head in work and had to finish Calina first.

Of course, I wanted to wait until I had her proper eyes, but customs ate them, and made me wait months again for my package. I had commissioned a pair of rainbow eyes from ShrikeAesthetics (read the interview here). And since they were not arriving, I decided to paint Rot in my July vacations.

Anyways, I made a short video, and I hope you'll enjoy it!!



Rot will be named Theros, and she will represent summer, fire, power and expansion. The symbol she has on her forehead is the symbol of fire (or at least, that was what several google pages said). I have 3 more dragons planned though, of course, and I'd love to have Shy, Lapis and Seed to be my autumn/earth, winter/water and spring/air, respectively.

I'm preparing another character profile for Theros, and hopefully I'll be able to share it as soon! For now, have a teaser photo :D



By the way, Theros name comes from the Horae (wiki here): the goddesses of the seasons and natural portions of time. However, you know that my dragons do not have gender as they are the manifestation of energy. So two of them will use male pronouns... maybe Ashes won't feel alone anymore xD

Anyways... I'm loving painting my own dolls!! It is a challenge, but I honestly love it! I wish I had the budget and adequate postal service to be able to buy dolls, customize them, make a video about the process, sew for them, and sell them. But oh well... some day, right? Have a nice day, everyone!

8 comments :

  1. Congratulations on receiving tiny Rot. Your painting is wonderful--I enjoyed seeing the speeded up process of doing it, although it was a little dizzying to watch. :D You inspire me to repaint my Pico Ashes. One of these days I'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm so happy you like the painting!!
      I know about the video, I had to rush it a lot because otherwise it would be too long!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing gift! I love the results from the painting you have done! And your idea sounds good - painting your own dolls, customizing them and so on. I hope that you one day can do this!
    Enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed!! Thank you so much, I'm happy you like them :D
      I hope I'll be able to do that too <3

      Delete
  3. Such an amazing gift! How generous from Aileendoll, you must be super happy! ^__^ Theros is cutie, I love the floral patterns on her, so cute. Can't wait how her new eyes will look on her. :) Congratulations for your new doll. Loving the tiny dragons, they have so much character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Judit is awesome!! I'm happy you like Theros, I'm so happy about how the pattern turned out!
      I agree, the tiny dragons have a lot of character <3

      Delete
  4. Felicitaciones por Rot, me encanta como decoraste su espalda, pero quiero ver el símbolo de la frente!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! El símbolo se alcanza a ver en el video, pero hasta que no lleguen los ojitos, no la voy a mostrar xD

      Delete