Monday 25 May 2015

Missing you ~ Coco + Sax

I hate this cloudy/autumn-ish weather so much! It has already been two weeks with the sky completely clouded and dark! I wanted to take the photos for the first meet between Merry and Cookie, but I didn't want grainy photos again =S 

Because of that, I made a huge setup with my indoor lights and homemade reflective panels, and  decided to take some photos of Coco sporting her bday present from my mom's, and her sax. Since she is bigger than the tinies, I supposed it would be easier. Two photos from the set are for the challenges of Resin-Aperture and BJD-Sparks on Deviantart.

The main idea behind this photos was that Coco had been really busy with work and modeling, and one day, after coming home, she found time to play sax and realized how much she has missed it.



That first photo is for Resin-Aperture May's Challenge of "Emotive Body Portraiture". I did my best, trying not to show her face, and to show some emotion... for those who play an instrument (I do, I play flute) you know that playing is really emotive sometimes :)

Here is an outtake of that shot:



Then, I tried to take the spark-based one for BJD-Sparks. I was either aiming for "Whim" or "Effulgent", referencing either Coco playing is unplanned, or the sax is really shiny. The first ones were some closeups:






Then I got the idea! One of the scores is Rihanna's "Take a Bow", because Coco is secretly a fan of Rihanna, and I love her songs too! I tried to get the focus on the score title, but I don't think I got it quite right.




I'm torn between those two for "Whim" spark. Any ideas of which one I should submit?


In case you are interested, the sax is from the collection of Miniature Musical Instruments made by Salvat. My mom got it for me on 2013 -I believe-. It is the only one I have, sadly, since they were expensive, and I don't know if I can find more. Plus, they were mostly SD-sized.

Talking about the sax, I know is not in perfect proportion, not her hands are well positioned. It is an alto saxophone, but to her it has the proportion of a tenor saxophone. And the grabby hands are too closed to hold the thing anyways, so I decided to use the regular ones. She is holding the sax alone with no help, so cheers to the hot glue! :D

16 comments :

  1. Love these photos, I've always enjoyed seeing dolls with different instruments <3 To me the positions of the hands look very realistic and I think that only someone who actually plays this instrument could see that there might be something "wrong" :3 The WD hands are perfectly sculpted for this!

    Also, hope that the weather gets better soon! Our autumn/winter is pretty much like that too, so I know the feeling u_u Fortunately it's already spring here and there's more light...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Yes, the normal hands almost grab some of the correct keys, but she can't hold that position. I hope that the new sueding will help on that.
      Thanks for the good vibes about the weather! It is becoming so annoying to have constant overcasted days T_T

      Delete
  2. que lindas fotos! me encantaron :3 No conocía esos grupos de DeviantArt, no ando mucho por ahí! Mandé solicitud para participar, a ver si me pongo las pilas y uso mas mi vetusta cuenta jajaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Entrá a los grupos, también está BJDChallenge con retos semanales, quincenales y mensuales!

      Delete
  3. Such creative photos! I love how you titled it "missing you" without it being romantic at all :3
    Coco is so gorgeous as always <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Coco is my queen :3
      Glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. Lovely Coco and saxophone! ; - ; ♥♥ Really beautiful picture for Coco, oh, she's so cute doll! ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

    Than saxophone is really a pefrect little Coco.
    Coco's so wonderful when she play that player ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I really love how the saxophone looks with her :3

      Delete
  5. I really love the concept, and that challenge looks so fun! She looks amazing, and so natural.

    Also, I'll trade weather with you. :P I live in Arizona, and it's already hot. Just not enough yet for the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Don't worry about the weather, it is always a pain T_T

      Delete
  6. I love instruments so much - they are so romantic! It's reaally hard to find them in the right scale though! You're lucky! I love how you got the tiny sheet music too @o@ wahhh~ and that's my fav. Rihanna song too x3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I printed the tiny sheet music :D I have some sites were one can contribute songs and print scores, so yeah, got it from there :3
      In case you need them, I used a width of 5cm to get them in that scale. Coco is mini sized, so they look nicely!
      Rihanna has so many incredible songs!

      Delete
  7. Buenisimas las fotos, estoy segura que Coco y tu habilidad para sacarle fotos van a conseguir muchos votos. Adorable la primera, la tercera y la quinta foto. Me encantaron. La idea de imprimirte las partituras a escala es genial. A pesar del tiempo, has hecho unas fotos muy buenas. Coco, como siempre, muy bella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! Las partituras en miniatura quedaron buenisimas :D

      Delete