Sunday 23 August 2015

Merry's 10 Facts

Hello everybody!! Today I want to share Merry's 10 Facts! I can't believe that it took me less than a year to bring up Merry's facts. I'm improving myself!

Anyways, when I did the Sisterhood of the World tag, I completely forgot that I had an old collection of coins! And while thinking about which props I could use for Merry's photos, I came to the idea of picturing her picking coins and checking on a map. Why? (You can check and old lot of blabbing about her on this post, though).



Ok, the facts will be under the cut There are some notes from me among the facts, written in italics!


Merry's 10 Facts

  1. Merry is part of the fairy world were Cookie also belongs, although Merry is much more younger. She is an animal fairy, and her animal self is a white mouse.

  2. On this world, fairies are born from flower saplings, and when adult they go back to the those flower trees and bushes, to rest and play. Merry was born from a light-blue bellflower sapling, and everyday she waits for the tree to give her flowers to decorate her mouse ears.

  3. Since fairies have jobs depending on the animal they are, Merry works as a tooth fairy! She goes regularly to the human world to collect teeth and leaves a coin in exchange. (There are lots of places on the world were tooth fairies are known as mice, and they even have names. You can check the 'Rise of the Guardians' movie for a really funny scene on this matter).


  4. Fairies have 'tools' or 'special items' that helps them on their tasks. Merry's special item is a magical bag were she puts the collected teeth and draws the coins to exchange. She put a spell on the bag so it will always offer her the correct human currency, since she never knows were she is.

  5. Merry doesn't understand why humans write novels and fiction. Since fairies only write to record something (history, spells, or other things), Merry thinks that every human book is a document of real history, and therefore she gets really confused sometimes... specially after she read The Hobbit.

  6. Due to her work as a tooth fairy, she prefers to wear pants and bloomers rather than skirts, because they are more comfy when clinging over human furniture. (And a challenge for me to come with new outfits ideas).

  7. Merry's favorite colors are white, pink, lilac and light blue.

  8. Merry is usually shy and quiet... until she gets on her comfort zone and then talks like there is no end to it. When she is uncomfortable with something, she gets nervous and needs to move a lot to calm down.

  9. Her best friend is Cookie who, crazily, is a kitten fairy.

  10. Although a mouse, she is really friendly with almost any animal she encounters, and even feeds some of the wild animals that populate the fairy settlement where she lives.



Those are facts! Now here are more photos :3







I took the picture above with the idea of Merry wondering "Who is this lady? Why is she on a coin? Humans have the strangest customs!", and I was going to sort of write her thoughts on the photo, but I didn't want to risk any hate because of that. I know who she is, but Merry is a fairy and she does knows nothing about human history!





I also want to say thank you to my mom, because when I told her my idea of using the coins and getting a map, she made this tiny cute map for me! It can be rolled up and tied with that black rope. So adorable!

Also, the coins I used are from South Africa, New Zealand, Peru, Paraguay, Chile, Argentina and Belgium. I have from several other locations, but this were the cutest and had a decent amount of 'colors' when mixed. Plus, if I mixed more it was going to be a pain to sort them out to store them again!

Hope you have liked this set! Can you guess the coins Merry is holding? :D

12 comments :

  1. It's great to know more about Merry!!! Her favorite colors and mine are the same, except for light blue hehe (I prefer yellow). She's super cute and I loved the magic bag detail!
    Hope she keeps reading human books, that would make some funny stories.
    The 50 pesos chilean coin is so pretty X)!!! lol I like the shape, though I wish it was worth more money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you liked everything!!
      I have two stories planned, that are "consequences" of her reading The Hobbit xD I will post one of them probably next month :3 And that Chilean coin is one of the prettiest I have! Also one that has a huge boat on the back, can't remember from where it is from, though...

      Delete
  2. Buenísima la historia, que linda es Merry mirando las monedas y analizándolas, se ve tan tierna!! Preciosa la historia. Muero de ganas de seguir leyendo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved her story! :D How cute to be a little mouse and toothfairy! ^__^ I love how cute she is, with the big coins and the little pink bag at the background. :D I wonder, if her bag is like Mary Poppin's handbag that it fits the most strange things in it. Even several of those big coins! They pop right out when she needs them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you liked her!! Regarding the bag, I original thought that she would put a tooth on her bag, and the spell will give her the correct coin for that tooth. I never saw Mary Poppin, to be honest! Maybe I need to watch it? :D

      Delete
  4. Merry is the cutest <3 I love how sweet and innocent she is.
    The idea of her being a tooth fairy is so great. I would never have thought of making a tooth fairy, but in your story it seems so logical for her to be one :3
    Her outfit is adorable! I love the colours.
    And how kind of your mother to help you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I also thought about it because I had the idea that a mouse and a cat could be best friends! I had several other fairies thought (Sheep - Fairy of Dreams, Dog - Detective of Magical Issues and Dragonfly - Fairy Godmothers) but I think the toothfairy was the best!
      I'm happy you like her outfit! I really loved this pattern, and will probably make another, in different colors!
      Yes, my mom is awesome! I was really surprise by that minimap, so cute!

      Delete
  5. Merry is adorable, and I don't understand some of the things we do as humans either. :/ Her outfit is adorable, and the fact that her animal self is a white mouse...just makes me want to squeal with joy. I also love the fact that her and Cookie are best friends - it shows that friendship doesn't care about such things as what you look like, etc. :) I'm going to go back and read the rest of the 10 Facts series...I can't wait to get to know all of your Dolls. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, thank you so much!! You are really kind :3 And yes, I love the fact that Merry and Cookie can be friends without caring on how they are (a cat and a mouse!).
      Thank you for reading about my dolls! I currently have two different stories: one for my minis and one for the tinies :3

      Delete
  6. Aww, she is so sweet! Love that coin collection too! I have a very small one of only three coins, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, I have more, but more coins would have been a pain to sort after the photos! XD

      Delete