Monday 21 November 2016

Stand up with the Artists!

Another year, and the time has come! Today, November 20th it is the #proBjdArtists day! I'm sure people who follows me already knows, but I'm decidedly pro-artist and anti-recast. I have been waiting for this event day to come, in order to share my support for the artists that make this hobby possible.

Recasting is stealing, and it is in no way acceptable. It is destroying this hobby pro-recasters claim to love so much. There has been a lot of artists that had crisis after getting their dolls recasted (like 5th Motif), and others that directly stopped doing BJDs. I want this hobby to last long, to have companies releasing new sculpts, to be able to shop new items from new artists and to support them! This is only possible if we support artists.

And no, I'm not made of money, it took me literally two years to save up for a new doll, and I kept supporting artists when I had to pay 85% in customs duties, or now with a 50% tax... and I will keep doing so!

Anyways, I do not want to extend my rant a lot. So here is a pic of Merry, and more about the #proBjdArtists initiative under the cut!



This initiative started on Tumblr, but now it also has a Flickr group! The idea is to take a photo of your legit BJDs (how many are on the photo is up to you) with a banner (either real or edited in) with the hashtag #proBjdArtists. You can also add any rant/explanation or extra message you want, in order to show your support for artists.

The one starting this project is the amazing Saskha, and you can find the Tumblr blog here.

I hope you can participate too! Artists make this hobby possible!

12 comments :

  1. You put it absolutely right. If we want this hobby to continue on, we have to support the artists. It's the only way :)
    It's only a small minority who are really rich even in this hobby, the most of us save up, use layaway or buy a cheaper doll, in order to keep buying new ones.
    I'm glad to seeing you participate as well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm happy to see other people supporting the artists. And I agree, it is like you say, only a small minority on the hobby are rich, most of us save up or get cheaper dolls.

      Delete
  2. I'm not on Flickr but I'll be proud to support #proBjdArtists in my blog post today. Now I've got to go write it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great! I will love to read it!!

      Delete
  3. Me encantó la foto y por supuesto apoyo la causa totalmente!!! al final ordenando el clóset se me fue la luz, tampoco había mucha, el clima anda rarísimo. Pero bueno aprenderé de tí y la haré con tiempo jaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias y que bueno!! Espero ver tu diorama entonces, y que el año que viene participes :D

      Delete
  4. I agree with you and I would like to write a post about supporting legitimate dolls... but I'm finding it difficult to write without sounding too preachy or without stating the same things that have been said over and over again. ^_^;;

    We have been lucky in our Finnish doll community since most of our local hobbyists have been very pro-artists. But lately it seems that younger hobbyists who have previously been into less expensive dolls like Pullips are wanting to get into the BJD hobby and they have started buying recast BJDs, either out of ignorance or because they don't want to pay the price of legal dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should write it anyways. Everybody expresses differently, and you are in all your rights to let other people know how you feel about the topic. But, that is your choice anyways xD

      Sad to read that the Finnish doll community is changing like that =S

      Delete
  5. So true, the artists make this hobby possible and they should get all the credit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed!! I'm happy to see so many pro-artist people!

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad too to see so many pro-artists out there! This hobby wouldn't be here for us to enjoy without them, so we should give them our support!

    ReplyDelete