Monday 28 May 2018

Dragon Myths ~ Lore

Hello there!! Well it is official! Here is the first story with my dragons! I had this crazy idea when I first showed my dragons to my dad. He was thinking on something like... Cuartos dragons, probably, and he started laughing when he saw the cuteness of Plapicos.

So, anyways. I asked my mom, and she very patiently drew the two portraits you'll see on this photos. I took her a little because I am a very picky person, and we couldn't agree on the concept. So anyways, here is the first photo, and the story is under the cut.



Dragons Myths

Humans lost their ability to connect to the magic world. However, some of them retained or trained only a sliver of the original skills. And thus, seers and gifted people appeared around the world. Those few people managed to glance or perceive magic beings; some of them could only hear them, others would sense their presence, and very few would only see a reflection of their true shapes.

And so, those glances became stories that normal people was not able to understand or –in some cases- even believe in. But these special people continued to live, and new generations kept the stories alive.

As time passed by they became myths, and each person than told them or hear them added their own interpretation, feelings and thoughts to the mix. Some of those myths managed to remain close to the truth. But in other popular topics, such as dragons, human’s perception is not actually accurate.

And probably, they’d be confused if they knew the truth.









Oh, I am so sorry! I just had to do it. They look to adorable and the idea of having them surprising people with their cuteness was just too fun! I think that now Merry has to share the "Musume's preferred victim" position xD Anyways, now Aion needs an armor... can you imagine him in one? I need to research how can I make one. And a fake tail as well, by the way. Have a great weekend, and hope you laughed with this!

10 comments :

  1. :D Nice! And your mom did a great job drawing their fierce Alter egos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I love how she draws, and the paintings are so "cute"!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Mia. Of course, those of us who have already seen photos of your adorable little Plapicos aren't surprised at all, but the idea is still cute. As for armor, I'd be afraid to use metal in case it scratches your dragons' lovely paint. I've seen some examples of tooled leather armor that looked like metal. You could try something like that. Good luck with it--it sounds like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wasn't expecting to surprise you guys, but rather make you laugh!
      For the armor, I was thinking on using foamy. I've seen it in some dolls, and painted it looks really good!

      Delete
  3. Son tan tiernos los dragoncitos que me encantó la última foto donde se los vé tan sorprendidos. Genial idea la que tuviste para hacer este post. Las fotos se ven muy buenas, me gustan mucho los desenfoques que haces. La armadura podía ser de cartón pintado semejando metal, para no dañar a los pequeños rivales de Merry XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Esa es mi foto favorita, de hecho! Me alegro mucho que guste la foto, a mi me encantan los cuadros :D
      Intentaré hacer la armadura de goma eva, espero que resulte bien!

      Delete
  4. So cute and what terrific dragon pictures your mum has drawn Musume. I was thinking about Aion's armour and agree with BJW that metal would scratch, but if you could find some metallic fabric it could work or perhaps your mum could knit something. Metallic thread knitted would look like chainmail. :)

    Seems we are on the same wavelength this week . . . dragons are the common thread, I have just posted a poem about a dragon called Spike Arrowtail.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, indeed!! Knitted also looks like a good idea, actually!!
      I saw the poem, and loved it! Hugs :D

      Delete
  5. Wonderful! Those dragon pictures are well drawn! And I agree with Xanadu, if you find a yarn or fabric that looks like metallic, then you could make one that would not scratch! It is a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I think that is a great idea actually!

      Delete