Sunday 6 October 2019

Fairies and Flowers ~ Lore

And so, it happened that one day I went to the supermarket with my partner and there was a guy selling flowers outside! He had this beautiful bouquet of purple and white flowers... which we brought home. So I originally thought about taking only a single shot of Cookie to share on Instagram, but then things happened, and the flowers where too pretty.

Therefore, I felt inspired to write a little bit of lore for the fairies, and here it is! I hope you will enjoy it! It is under the cut!




Fairies and Flowers


Have you ever wondered why sometimes you arrange your flowers perfectly, and they suddenly appear in a different position? When this happens, adults often blame their kids or pets... but they couldn’t be more wrong. It is actually fairies that are the culprits of these events.

As fairies are born of flower saplings, they are naturally linked to plants and flowers. And so, every time they find an “orphan” bouquet, they search and inspect it to make sure that no fairy needs to be rescued. Also, they kiss each and every single flower, in order to show them gratitude for their fairness as well as give them strength.

Another thing that humans are not aware of, is that those flowers kissed by fairies live a long time, even when cut from their plants. Ages ago, there was a popular tradition of also saying thanks to the flowers to keep them alive for longer but, like many things related to magic, this knowledge has been lost and nowadays only magical beings do it.









And this is all for today! I hope you enjoyed this little fragment of lore. Do you do "world building" for your dolls? I personally find it so easy and interesting to do with my tiny dolls! Let me know in the comments and have a great

10 comments :

  1. She looks so sweet among these flowers. And I like the fairy story too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your bits of fairy lore. You explain things in a way that makes me wonder why I never thought about them before. Also, I just noticed that Cookie's eyes are two different colors. Have they always been that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy that you like the story!
      Yes, Cookie's eyes have always been different. When I got these urethanes, the artist had a misunderstanding and gave me 3 different tones of gray, instead of 2 light and 1 dark. And she didn't send pics before I got the packages. So to "solve" the issue, I mixed the medium and light gray with both versions of Cookie (the fairy and the black cat). Problem solved!

      Delete
  3. These are lovely photos of her amongst the flowers, she looks so sweet and is like a little bloom herself!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! In my story faries bloom from samplings, so it suits!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous flowers and lovely photos Musume. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the inspiration and ideas just come to you! Pretty flowers and nice photos!

    ReplyDelete