Sunday 20 October 2019

Harvesting Pumpkins ~ Lore

Halloween approaches, which is a Autumn-centred celebration. But Down Under is on Spring! Spring! Finally! Nevermind, my point is that every garden has beautiful flowers, saplings, and colorful green leaves, which are not appropriate for Halloween pictures. At all. Then, I remember that a garden nearby had this "floorings" around some large trees made of chopped wood or tiny bits of wood.

And so, I approached my partner with the dreaded question: "Can we go to take pictures to that park so I can lay on my stomach and roll on the ground again?". Of course, here is safe enough to go out and embarrass myself alone, but all habits die hard, and a second pair of hands comes in really handy when trying to collect all props as fast as possible. Because yes. Otherwise, where would I find pumpkins, in the middle of a city, during Spring?




Harvesting


Fairies do a lot of things with pumpkins during Halloween season. Smashed pumpkins, pumpkin smoothie, pumpkin ice crea, pumpkin skincare, pumpkin decorations, pumpkin spells! But the problem is that somebody needs to harvest them. However, not every fairy wants their colleagues to know what they are doing with their produce (or how much they are taking in!).

And so, Cookie went to collect her share from a not-so-popular zone, in the outside of the Fairy Settlement. Little she knew, that there where tombs nearby. And though she couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, she could feel that somebody was watching her. Maybe it was the ghosts of the dead, usually controlled only by the Energy of Death and Rebirth, the dragon of death, Aion?

She shaked her head, and continued loading her pumpkins on the boxes she had with her. There where so many, and all of them where in perfect conditions!




By the end of the afternoon, Cookie was definitely sure that somebody was there. She had been in the presence of dragons before, even when they hand't made themselves visible to people (thanks to Merry and her adventures with those maybe-magical golden beans!). Therefore, she knew somebody was there. But because she didn't feel anything negative, she continued her task.

After all, she was only taking 6 or 7 pumpkins, it wasn't that much. Though anyways, she was grateful she had some magical portals to quickly move from the location, and magenta magic glitter to make the pumpkins lighter, so she could carry them out.

She had so many ideas for the pumpkins and all of them were edible! She was told that smashed pumpkin seeds were great for kitten fur, and she had been feeling quite rough lately, even after bathing excesivelly. Of course, smoothies were on her list: she had collected recipes from previous years and was eager to try them.

As she sat down inspecting her produce, Cookie had to wonder if anything weird would happen after consuming them. After all, she could her a faint chant in the distance, that wasn't there. Maybe, it was all in her mind!




And this is all for today! what do you think? Will Cookie get haunted? Would you like me to continue this story? Are you betting that something will happen? Anyways, I took these with my Sony a6400 and I am really happy about them! The pictures look great, and I was able to get those Autumn-ish vibes that I wanted, at the expense of rolling into tiny pieces of wood, and then finding them even inside my sneakers. Oh well, the things one Musume does for the perfect picture!

13 comments :

  1. Around here that woodlike ground cover is called bark mulch. It makes a great background for your photos. Your tiny pumpkins and ghosts are adorable--Did you sculpt them? I love Aion's crochet cape and Cookie's shoes. The question is: What is Aion planning to do to Cookie? Please continue the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! Nice to know a new word, I didn't know its name even in Spanish, so I didn't know how to search for it. Thanks! :D
      Yes, I sculpted the ghosts and pumpkins ages ago. Actually, the ghosts where part of a Halloween lore/photos with them glowing in the dark! I'll definitely try to continue this!! :D

      Delete
  2. I think you did an amazing job. It really feels like Autumn.

    I love this pumpkins! And the real ones too. I have to cook pumpkin soup with ginger. :)

    Of course I want you to continue the story! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear!! I'll try to think of something happening to continue the story! :D

      Delete
  3. Not an easy task Musume, but it does look like autumn alright. :) Great story, and it would be interesting to follow up on the haunting of Cookie once she eats all those pumpkins in some form or other. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :D Ohhh, haunted fairy, that could be something!!

      Delete
  4. Haha I do admire your pluck for going and getting down on the floor of the park to take these photos, your efforts were well worth it because the photos are great. I love the little pumpkins, I assume you made them. I don't think that Cookie will get haunted but maybe the pumpkins might be haunted and may even object strongly to being crushed or smashed! I should watch out, just in case ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! But yes, I had to come back home and clean myself (wash every clothing I was wearing), because I had bark mulch everywhere! Everywhere!
      Yes! I made the pumpkins and every prop on this picture as well :D Oh! I think that is a good story!

      Delete
  5. Happy Halloween :) Bark mulch makes for a great backdrop. The only thing I hate about it is the smell, but this looks like pine bark, so it's probably not that bad. Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Halloween!! It didn't have smell here, honestly? But with this city's cold and dry wind, you never smell anything, honestly!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful story and beautiful photos! Looks like Autumn! Here we call the tiny pieces of wood for "barkmull" in Swedish. Great to put in the garden to protect the plants during winter time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I honestly haven't seen bark mulch before, but it looks terrific in photos!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete