Sunday 27 October 2019

Halloween Magic ~ Short Story

Halloween! Yes, it is that time of the year, so we are going to have another silly photoshoot of dolls in Halloween. Sadly, this year I was not able to have enough time to actually sew somen trick-or-treating outfits, like I did on 2018. So, it will do the fact that I took some pictures, and spent 4 hours trying to edit the first picture, because nothing was living up to my standards, and my Photoshop skills are quite lacking.

So, I'm almost happy with this picture, but it will have to do, because the edits I had in my mind didn't work out, so I ended up with this. But oh well! Enough complaining, onto the picture and the story (under the cut!).




Spring Halloween


Have you ever been walking around in during Spring, and suddenly, you see leaves flowing around and wonder if you are in the wrong season? Well, it is not you: it is the fairies.

Some of the fairies are required to travel around the human world, and they miss on traditional fairy celebrations. Mice fairies are among those: required to travel around the world collecting children teeth in exchange for a coin. Some of them adapt, and don't mind missing a festivity once in a while... but others, especially the young ones, are not that keen.

However, Merry is not one of those fairies. She would always carry some magic glitter -the thing that actually allows fairies to perform "magic"- and summon features of the seasons she misses. Though once, Merry decided to do this in a human child's room, because she thought it was safe... after which, she had to explain to the Elder Fairies why a couple of scared parents rushed his daughter out of her own room, after finding it plagued with rose petals and autumn leaves.

Apparently, and to Merry's dismay, Camel Fairies are the only ones allowed to make a mess after visiting a human's home, because that is part of "their job". Merry pfff-ed. To her, it was definitely unfair. But at least, now she knew a combination that would make any place feel like Halloween.




Oh well, I know the editing is terrible (especially on the second picture), but it cost me a lot and I was fantasizing with this picture for like a week. Poor Merry, she is not used to Halloween in Spring (not that I am either, before I had Spring and no Halloween). Nevermind! Wish you a spooky Halloween, full of treats and no trick (particularly, no stomach-ache either!)... but be careful of fairies! You don't want to find a storm of leaves in your room!

8 comments :

  1. Great idea for photos. I think they are pretty good. :) I always admire other people skills in photoshop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! My photoshop skills are not that good, honestly D:

      Delete
  2. I don't know how you made those Photoshop effects but I love them! The colors are so vibrant against the black. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I love vibrant colours!!

      Delete
  3. Cute story and you did great editing the photos, like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete