Sunday 19 January 2020

Gratefulness Project ~ Dragon Army

This is just to tell you about a project that I'll be working on. I mentioned it on my goals for this year.

In 2019, I had the opportunity to move to Australia with a job offer. However, Aussie laws regarding pet imports are really strict and the procedure is quite expensive. We couldn't afford it, but our cat Bread is a family member to us. So I asked for help to the BJD community
And people helped us. Some of them even purchased all the sewing patterns on my Etsy store. Other people shared my story almost every day. Somebody donated me something on every payday. Bread had a long 15 days trip, but finally arrived to us on June.

I cannot state how grateful I am to the people of this hobby that helped me so, so much. We are still together because of the amazing hobbists. So I want to give back, as a "thank you" for all that help. I wish I could give something to every person that donated me money or purchased from my store, but I can't. However, some went out of their way to help us. And with this project, I'll be sending some dolly gifts to them.



The Project:

First, I contacted the people I wanted to send a gift. Mostly because they would need to disclose their address. I asked several people, but only 9 told me they would be ok with receiving the gift. The gift: a customized Aileendoll Plapico Dragons!


So, I talked to Aileendoll EU to see if I could get some discounts. You know I'm cheap. And, the good thing is that I'm getting an extra dragon to make a giveaway! It is going to be on Instagram, and winner has to pay shipping, though.

I was planning on making the eyes using the DIY kits from SproutyDolls, but she is not selling at the moment. So I was able to grab a discount and purchased some eyes grab bags from ShrikeAesthetics. The dragons are going to come with pretty eyes!

I am still saving money for the sealant, because eyes+dragons+sealant are the 3 more expensive things on the list of "requirements" for the project.

So... what can you expect? Tons of content. Since I'm going to have a literal army of dragons, I'm going to frankendragon, err... mix parts. Probably an interesting video to see. Also, a review of Shrike's eyes, then painting videos, and probably a comparison because I'm getting the new Seed (one for me, just because) and the winter version with angel wings.

I wish I had a wallet extensive enough to gift something to everybody, but I can't. So I hope that with this, and with donating and sharing animal causes of other fellow hobbysts, I can return a little of the happiness I have, thanks to having our cat Bread with us.

Yes, there are ugly things in this community like recasts and scammers, but the people here has a heart of gold, and I am so grateful for this. I hope you'll enjoy this journey with me!

10 comments :

  1. Oh M I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with these little dragons, I like the idea of an Army of Frankendragons, that should be fun! Whohooo!! :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I'm already thinking about what I'm going to make :D
      I have a small notebook with painting ideas and color schemes :D

      Delete
  2. The Frankendragon concept sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you'll take lots of photos of your dragon army. I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will take some pics before I send them off flying! :D

      Delete
  3. Awww that's such a lovely thing that you're doing Musume! I'm sure that the recipients of the dragons are going to be so happy. I look forward to seeing what you do with them when you show us here on your blog!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I really hope so!
      One of them is for me, and another for a giveaway, so look up to that!

      Delete
  4. Yay, such a great idea! The dragons will be such an awesome gift to the helpers! :) Good luck with this project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope they'll like them!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful idea! I will follow you to see how it will turn out. :)
    And I agree - doll community is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope I don't run out of ideas for dragons, because painting 10 of them is going to be so much!

      Delete