Sunday 8 November 2020

Huge Glasses ~ Photo Challenge

Well, it's been so much time and I'm still having fund with tackling some of OrchidDolls' Photo Challenge topics! This time, I'm doing the topic glasses. Since the dolls are fairies and often go to the human world, I think that taking pictures with large, human-sided objects fits their "world" or story... and it is fun!

In this case, balancing a standing Cookie with the huge glasses and on top of a scarf proved quite challenging... to not say impossible. Even sitted, she would fell backwards because of the weight. Anyways, here is one pic, the before and after, extra pics and settings under the cut!






The question is... how did I get the bokeh? The bokeh happens when a light source is out-of-focus; this can be either a reflection, or light comming through something. For example, trees leaves can create bokeh. Its shape depends on the blades of your lens -what makes the lens open and close. The more blades, and the curvier they get, the more rounded and circle-like the bokeh is going to become.

So, for example, my Minolta lenses make an hexagon-like bokeh at f2 or f2.8, but a more circle-ish one at f1.4 or f1.7. In this case, I was using my Tamron which only goes to f2.8. Since Cookie was sitting quite close to the background... how did I get nice bokeh? In these cases, the answer is to "reduce" the size of the "spec" that creates the bokeh. So I used glitter paper :D 
 

Overall, I used my trusty Sony a6400 (crop sensor), hand held, with my Tamrom 25mm at f2.8, ISO 640 at 1/500sec. Below is before and after editing. I think this one didn't change that much as the previous installments!




What do you think? I'm having so much fun with these challenges, and I enjoy that I can also explain a bit from photogrpahy and what I did. Do you enjoy photography? Anyways, see you next weekend!

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful photo. Cute and funny. I love the olours. And the bokeh background is always a nice touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie looks cute with the huge glasses! I can only imagine the struggle with balancing her and the glasses! Love her outfit!
    The photo challenge is a great way to learn new things and share it with us. Photography is a great interest and I try to learn new thicks with my smart phone, it is amazing how much you can do with that little thingy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it was kind of a struggle, but I managed! The tail helps.
      I love photography, I've been enjoying this challenge quite a lot!

      Delete