Sunday 9 October 2022

Bokeh Portraits [NSFW?]

Hello! It turns out I had the flashyquite literally) idea of test different materials to see how they make (or not) some bokeh. So the first one I tried is the subject of this photoshoot--aluminum baking foil! I cut down three stripes, crunched them, straightened, and taped them into the wall. I used a reflective panel on the table to reflect more light, and my phone's torch to create more reflections. There is a photo of the setup at them bottom, in case you want to see it.

I wanted to do some portraits of Venezia, but I really didn't want the clothing to interfere with the photos, and I hadn't taken any "adult-styled" photos in a while. So some "artist" boobs are part of this photoshoot. More under the cut.



The ones I have here a lower than portraits, but I really liked the frames. I loved how the light reflected on the "cracks" of the aluminum foil, so there is a blend of lines and bokeh, and I really liked that constrast. Also, yes, I edited the photos to the coolest spectrum, just to add another layer of effects.







Now these others are closer to the face, so they have less bokeh, but the lights added some effects into her face. They are subtle, but I still like them!







And finally, here you have the setup I described at the start. Somehow I managed to only break two little pieces of the aluminum foil, which is a feat considering how roughly I crunched the thing. I should have tried to add more distance between Venezia and the paper, but in this case I just played with perspective and a macro lens. I guess I'll try distance the next time!

2 comments :

  1. I'm a big fan of bokeh and Fall/Winter is a perfect time for glamorous, flashy effects. I like how the photos turned out. The silver foil makes Venezia look cold and distant. Like a goddess out of the mortals' reach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly!! That's a lovely metaphor, I did try to do more of a cool edit on this one!

      Delete