Sunday 26 February 2023

A Flower for Summer

Well, when I created the dragons, I "assigned" them seasons and meanings. So Theros (pink one) is Summer, and Eiar (green) is Spring. Since St Valentin's was nearby, here is a set of Eiar consistently offering flowers until he finally, finally (!), steps up his game, and gets some nice flowers for Theros.



Let's just say that at first (above), Eiar was not quite sure of what Theros wanted, and thought that "red" meant "Summer" and went ahead with the first thing he found... poor guy. Offended, Theros decided to wander about into prettier, matching flowers... and finally forgave Eiar.



Undeterred, Eiar tried again, and finally got it right!



The true story is that I was running around this pretty garden with my partner on tow (he was catching the dragons and lenses as I changed them), and the gardener saw us. He was so happy I was taking so many photos, and gifted me those roses. Goodness, I never, ever, smelled roses that were so pretty! The scent was really *strong* and sweet, and none of the cultivated, florist-purchased flowers I've gotten were as adorable as those.

7 comments :

  1. The flowery paint on your little dragons is as delicate and beautiful as lace. What a nice gardener. I am sure he was happy that you appreciated his work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are too kind, thank you! I really did, the garden was beautiful and I think I didn't left a single plant without photographing it!

      Delete
  2. Cute story Musume. :) There's nothing more fragrant than REAL roses from the garden, those from the florist have very little smell, if any at all. I have some gorgeous roses growing in my garden which my hubby nurtures for me and they have the most beautiful fragrance...you'd love them for sure! I'm pleased to read the gardener shared his roses with you.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That's true, those on the florists have very little scent. It was a lovely day honestly!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much, Linda! Yes, those roses were lovely, and the parfume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and cute story. Good to see some summer like photos with all the snow we have here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, but Australia was on summer when I took them. Perks of being down under!

      Delete