Sunday 9 April 2023

Bunnies! Chicks! Hoppy Hope Easter!

To be honest, I think this is the cutest outfit I've done in a while. I dared to try something wild with the sleeves of the dress and they looked great, and also the bunny hood is just so adorable! I took these with an old Pentax which is, apparently, from Japanese manufacture and has the rings spinning in the opposite direction! I know it doesn't sound much to you, but I'm an avid adapted-lens photographer, and this is the only lens I have which is (quite literally!) backwards.

Anyways, there isn't much to do with this, except wishing you a a happy and relaxed long weekend, and that the chocolate eggs don't upset your stomach (which could be a reason of why Merry isn't here, mind you!).


You won't believe me (or perhaps if you sew, you will), but I have had this fabric since 2020 I think... and there was never a right project for it! Like I would always pick it up when planning, and discard it because it wasn't quite right, but then in turned out to be perfect for this outfit!



Now that I think of, I have no idea why that store was selling cute chicken props as an Easter think, but Hope certainly looks adorable with the Sylvanian bunny and the chickens! A last one for the road. Hoppy easteer!

9 comments :

  1. Happy Easter! It's really a super cute outfit, all those details look like a lot of work. Beautiful result. Hope is a lucky girl to get so spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It was quite a lot of work, but I had a blast doing this dress!
      Glad you liked it! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful dress and doll. You did a great job. But I know what you mean about having fabric for years before using it. I have the same problem. I have a bad habit of buying nice fabric and letting it sit for ages before finding a use for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Honestly! I have had this fabric for like two or three years, but I never had a good outfit to match it.
      At least, tell me that when you found a use for it, it was perfect! At least, that generally happens to me.

      Happy Easter!

      Delete
  3. Looks so gorgeous, amazing photos. Happy Easter :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I do believe you! And I have fabrics waiting to be used for much, much longer. Like 4 times longer... xD

    These outfit is really sweet, she looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete