Sunday 16 April 2023

You can find dragons near fountains!

...or so I just found. Truth is, I found a bunch of pretty, moss-riddled, ancient-looking fountains, and I had my dragons with me. You'll clearly notice that these are from three different sets, as they were taken in three fountains. Rather than doing a heavy edit to "match" the photos, I decided to keep the "vibe" each fountain gave me.

So, let's go with the first one! There are two more under the cut!



The above, as you can see, was quite unkempt and the water wasn't running--so it was green. But that stagnation gave it quite a "solid" surface that reflected the tree's bokehs very nicely. I only have one shot of it, because the others were just different angles of the same pose, and I didn't want to bother you.

The next one is the best, in my opinion. It was *huge* and working, and I squinted at it for a full minute until I found a little triangle on the edge where the water wasn't wetting everything--and that's were I placed the dragons. I used my wide-angle (Tamron 35mm f2.8, macro 1:2) to force a weird angle and a perspective, because otherwise I couldn't get the entire fountain on the same photo... nevertheless, I *adore* the outcome. This area was a bit shaded and I think the fountain was made on bronze (hence why it was so greenish-brownish now), but it looked terrific. Also, the photos "froze" the water drops, which looks great!





The last one was in an enclosed mini-garden surrounded by an heritage building. There was only one meagre tree around the fountain, hence why the background looks far golden than in the first one--that was surrounded by thick vegetation, and looked overall more "gloomy". This one is taken with the Minolta 56m f1.4, which is why it is wide, but not that much, and why there is so much blur--I took this one almost wide-open (so, f1.7).



7 comments :

  1. I always enjoy your dragon photos, they make me smile every time. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love my dragons, they are amazing <3

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos as always. I love the feel and vibe of each one. The fountains look amazing. Were they found in your local area? There is a place a few hours drive north from where I live that has old castles and ruins (the entry fee is pricey though). I went there on my honeymoon years ago now. Some of the fountains in your photo reminds me a little of this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they were now! I actually travelled like ~40mins in train to get to this place. It was free though--but nothing like old castles and ruins nearby! I don't think there is something like that in Australia.

      Delete
    2. There is, up north - that's where we went. Paronella Park: https://www.paronellapark.com.au/ - although the castle isn't huge like you find in England. It's still a really nice place to visit and I remember their devonshire tea was really nice. But I'm talking almost 23-24 years ago was when we went so not sure if anything has changed.

      Delete
    3. Ohh goodness that's incredible!! It's definitely a lovely place perfect for photos!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you!! You are too kind <3

    ReplyDelete