Sunday 9 July 2023

Finally! Venezia's New Dress

Hello all! So, after a while, I *finally* sew a nice, large dress! It took me a bit of studying the fabric, because I wasn't sure whether I had enough, but at the end, it did! Also, I'll be putting up the pattern up on my Etsy Store, so stay tuned if you are interested.

In any case, here is a (brief) story of me running out of nice spots nearby (having to take a train to a nearby town is not my definition of "near"). So, I basically opened Google Maps and started picking on every tiny green spot that fit my own definition of "near"--and came to this place here. It was located between buildings, sinuous and quiet, with two different "parks" (gardens, would be more appropriate) connected.



Here are some more photos on the first mini-garden.







Here are some photos from the second garden. There were more of each in different angles, but I decided to just share one of each, not to crowd this with too many photos.



This one was a time-consuming dress to make. I think that adding the beads and decorations took me about ~9 hours alone; making the skirt and the bodice was probably about ~20 hours, mostly because I had to draft the pattern and all. I hope to reuse part of the corset to make a different dress style... but that's mostly going to be in another year. Ha!

5 comments :

  1. She looks absolutely phantastic! The effort you put into this really shows. Now she just needs a ball to dance in her new dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She definitely needs a ball--and the colour suits her so well!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful gown Musume, I love the fabric you chose for it, the colour is gorgeous against her skin. Well done!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The fabric is actually Armani; I got a remnant on a fabric store, and it was very cheap.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much!! That nook I found was definitely perfect for photos!

    ReplyDelete