Saturday 19 April 2014

Calina is a Trekkie!

I finally did it! Well, for a long time I wanted to make an outfit for Calina, but I couldn't find any idea. The other day, an USS Enterprise from Star Trek popped up on my Flikr stream, and that enlightened me. My parents are trekkies -I'm not, but oh well- and my dad has two Star Trek models: an Enterprise, and a Deep Space Nine -but that thing was waaaay to big for my photoset-, so I though, what not to make Calina -my mom's doll- a trekkie uniform? And maybe take a pic with one of the ships models.

Anyways, when I showed at my mom's with Calina, my dad saw her and told me "she looks like a Borg". Poor Calina!


One more with the full outfit:

And of course, the cliché. I did not have any iron-on, and less an iron-on of the Star Trek uniforms in a dolly size, so there was no other option that embroider it. First time a charm, and it was gorgeous, until I realized something...




And I lost the count on how many times I did it on the right side, because it didn't look as cute as I wanted. Anyways, each outfit needs an anecdote, hahaha. Here is Calina with the model please excuse it, because it is old...


Well, I definitely never though on making a ST cosplay, but Calina looks adorable! She is now back with my mutti, and Cookie is back with me in a new bee outfit! I just need to gather strenght to go photograph it outside, in the green.

6 comments :

  1. AHH!! Está preciosa. La foto en el Entreprise está genial! Que bonita quedó Calina con el traje de Trekkie. Me encanta. Está preciosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Me alegro que te guste! Fue muy divertido hacer el cosplay :3

      Delete
  2. Such a cute idea - and it turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, too bad that you got it the wrong way >< That reminds me of myself -everytime- I try my hands at sewing. Oh man.
    But it's a great outfit! :) Super cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Yeah, I had to undone the embroider and do it in the right side, but it ended up cute. So happy you like it! :3

      Delete