Monday 18 February 2019

Valentine's Day ~ Short Story

Ok, this one was hard to figure out. I didn't want to make a story with V and Coco because they are not a established relationship, and I thought that maybe some of you may get bored of reading about their story? So I did a little brainstorming and came up with this idea: you know... kitten fairies like to get inside human houses and sort of... use, their things.

So here it is Cookie, again, proving to Merry that kitten fairies do have this tendency in fact. And maybe... Merry gets carried out with the Valentine's goodies.




Fairy Valentine's

The sun was shining bright on the human world, yet the house was completely quiet. The magic portal opened just on the kitchen table, and both fairies stood amazed besides a pretty dish stacked with chocolate bars.

“Are you sure these are for us?” asked Merry, sitting beside the dish, to contemplate the chocolate from a closer point of view.

“Of course!” reassured Cookie. “The old lady went outside, and she always leaves us things! Look! She even has a fairy door on her fireplace!”


Merry hesitated for a couple seconds, but all of her doubts wiped out when Cookie retrieved small paper napkins from beside the dish. Who will leave such tiny things if they weren’t preparing everything for a fairy? She thought for herself. And so, both fairies sat down to enjoy their new found rations.



Merry devoured her chocolate stick, and by the time Cookie managed to hardly finish her own, the mouse fairy was already helping herself through a second one. “Do not eat that much!” Cookie warned. “Your tummy will hurt, and we need to leave something for other fairies as well!”

“But this is just too good” said Merry, ignoring the other fairy.





Several failed warnings later, Cookie resigned herself to accompany the other mouse and wait until she had finished all of the remaining chocolate bars. And, when expected thing happened and Merry lay on the table crying about her tummy pain, Cookie reminded herself that humans had a very wrong perspective on some things. After all, everything they had was so huge! Like them!

“I like human’s Valentine’s” said Merry, between sobs. “We should come again next year!”




Poor Merry, after she tried those chocolate coins, I'm sure she will never doubt the power of chocolate anymore! I loved making this, and my poor and sacrificed hubby had to make the effort of biting the chocolate bars ever so small so that it would look as if Merry and Cookie bit them. Hahaha! It is not the first time I ask him such effort though! And he always delivers!

Anyways, I hope you had a wonderful day, and I wish you the best. All the love and happiness for you!

10 comments :

  1. I love this short story! Anyone who would leave chocolate out for the fairies is a woman after my own heart. I wouldn't need anyone to take tiny bites out of it for photographs, either. I would do that myself, even if it meant having to wash my hands after each bite before handling the dolls again. Poor Merry! That's a lot of chocolate for one tiny fairy to eat. Do you suppose she has learned her lesson? I'm posting a Valentine's Day story today, too, as soon as I finish here. It won't be as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't eat chocolate, and that is why my partner helps!
      I don't think Merry has earned her lesson, as this is not the first time she gets stomach sick after eating too much of something!

      Delete
  2. Very cute story Mel, your sweet hubby is such a dear! Merry will never learn, and there's no doubt we will see her eating her fill (plus some) in future stories. :) I'm surprised Cookie doesn't loose her patience with her, but she such a kind kitten fairy.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Indeed, she never learns! Cookie always understands her friend, indeed!

      Delete
  3. This was very cute! I'm just like Merry, I would eat all the chocolate, but then, I have a bigger stomach than her, so no pain XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Hahaha, poor Merry does not know her limits!

      Delete
  4. This is very cute, but I'm sure the chocolate wasn't the cause of her tummy ache, I'm sure chocolate would NEVER do such a thing ;) It was probably the vegetables they had for their dinner before they arrived and found the chocolate bars!!! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! That is probable a good reasoning, so then, she can keep eating chocolates but no veggies! xD

      Delete
  5. Such a cute story! :) Poor Merry, but I do understand her - chocolate is so good and you do not know when to stop!
    My hubby had eaten up the chocolate and left the crumbs! He really does not know when to stop, at all! :D
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Well, my partner is "trained" in doll-sized bites, but he often ends up eating my "props" after the photoshoot is done xD

      Delete