Sunday 21 April 2019

Heavy Pockets ~ Lore

Well, I sort of did a story out of this, without wanting it to. I took some silly pics to practice with my 50mm lens... and then, I realized it was a series of photos! I never shared them here, so I am collecting them, completing the "photo series" and adding a bit of lore to it. Mostly because I had the idea for it, and I would share it.

So, I hope you will enjoy this!




Heavy Pockets


More often than not, humans tend to feel their pockets heavy. As if something is occupying them. And usually, they blame stress, their tiredness, and other silly things because of this. What they do not realize, is that fairies are behind this issue.

For example, mouse fairies use human pockets to travel. They often have to go from house to house collecting children teeth in exchange for coins. And though they are transported to human cities using the portals, they have to move around on their own. And so, they use pockets to travel around.


Then, kitten fairies do that for a far simpler reason: they cannot resist their need to investigate what is in those pockets. What if they are hiding something? Why would they leave the top open? That is surely something that requires investigation. And you know... cat's cannot resist a door or something that is half open.


And finally, some dragons do that as well! They do it for different reasons. They may have plant seeds trapped there -like the flying Dandelion's seeds-, or the dragon may be sad and affected by their uncontrollable magic... And occasionally, it happens because some humans still believe in magic and manage to invoke a dragon to ask for guidance or protection.

Have you ever felt your pockets heavy? Which one may be your reason?



And that is all for today! The pics, in order, feature: my mom's pocket and hand, then my hubby's, and finally dad's. This wasn't something expected, but I got this idea and, honestly, I had to carry on with it!! I hope you liked it, and have a great weekend! By the way, what do you do, when dolly inspiration struck you?

8 comments :

  1. Cute idea! I think maybe your photos got out of order? If we follow the text, the kitten fairy in your husband's pocket should go between the other two. As for me, I've never experienced heavy pockets but my purse gets inexplicably heavy at times. I should check inside it for unexpected travelers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, they are out of order. My partner goes first, then my parents. Maybe you have dragons looking for food inside your purse!

      Delete
  2. And what a cute idea it is too :)
    When I read your story I thought back to the time when I used to collect Pocket Dragons, if I remember rightly they used to live in the dust and fluff in the corners of pockets...well I certainly see to get a lot of that, but mine is usually sand as I always seem to pick things up when I'm on the beach....And when I get back home, I take out the items, whether they be shells, pieces of sea glass or maybe a nice smooth pebble, but of course I always leave behind some sand and grit! So maybe I have some sort of little sea dragon living in the corners of my gritty pockets :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I remember the Pocket Dragons, they were so cute. That is a really cute story, I think you definitely have a little sea dragon living with you!

      Delete
  3. Oh I loved this lore Musume, though I don't think your mom has hairy hands. LOL! I can relate to it though and I also think Sharon's idea of the little sea dragon living in her gritty pockets was cute too. I think this is a story you could really build on.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Indeed, I confused the order of the photos, and oh well. It happened.
      I love Sharon's idea as well!!

      Delete
  4. It is always the best to go with the flow, when it hits you! Great idea and love the lore. I often try to just take the chance when it comes, and if it is something good then it will stick. And yes, pockets can be heavy, and mostly for the reason that there is a dragon and I need some guidance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am happy you like it!! Yes, that is the best one can do.
      So you have felt heavy pockets as well? There must be a degree of truth to this story, then!

      Delete