Monday 8 April 2019

Interview with GoblinTales

Hello everybody! It is time for another interview, and today I want to introduce you to a very talented and innovative artist: Ana from GoblinTales. I'm sure you have seen her earthlings, as they are the cutest and most unique doll I've seen!

As always, the interview is in both English and Spanish, and all photos have been used with permission. So, without further ado... let's start!

Hello! Thank you for doing the interview! Will you introduce yourself?
Hello! My name is Ana, though most of you may know me as Goblin on my social sites. I am 31 (almost 32) years old, and I am from Madrid.
¡Hola! ¡Gracias por la entrevista! ¿Te presentarías?
Hola! Me llamo Ana, aunque la mayoría me conoceréis como Goblin por mis redes sociales. Tengo 31 años, casi 32 ya, y soy de Madrid.



Let’s start with a classic question: how did you find out about BJDs?
My first contact was many, many years ago, with a photo that randomly appeared when looking for other stuff on Internet. Back then I didn’t knew about the dolls, and because of that I am unable to remember which sculpt it was. But I do remember it was a brunette girl of white resin, with a very ethereal vampiric style, which impressed me a lot. The photo was on a page in Japanese. Those were the Internet’s first steps, and finding information was not that easy (there was no Google Translate!), so back in the time I was unable to dwell more and I regretfully let it pass. I forgot about them until a couple years later, when they appeared on the search once again. Internet had improved a lot and then I find out that the dolls did not had to sell as fullsets, but that you could buy them blank and customize them. I checked other people’s customizations, pero those were little art pieces to me.
Later, in 2013, a friend brought one of hers to show them to me in person. By having those beauties in my hands they stopped feeling unreachable: they were no longer an internet photo, they were real and I could have my own, create my own characters. And then I knew there was no going back: I was in love!
Empecemos con una pregunta clásica: ¿cómo conociste las BJDs?
Mi primer contacto con ellas fue hace muchos, muchos años, con una fotografía que apareció por casualidad buscando otras cosas en Internet. Por aquel entonces no sabía nada de muñecas, y por eso soy absolutamente incapaz de recordar qué molde era, pero sí recuerdo que era una chica morena de resina blanca, tenía un estilo vampírico muy etéreo, y me impresionó mucho la imagen. La foto estaba en una página en japonés. Eran los inicios de internet, y encontrar información no era tan fácil (ni había traductor de Google), de modo que en aquel momento fui incapaz de profundizar más, y muy a mi pesar, lo dejé correr, y me olvidé de ellas hasta unos años más tarde, cuando volvieron a aparecerme en el buscador por casualidad. La navegación por Internet ya había mejorado mucho y entonces me enteré de que las muñecas no tenían porqué venderse ya completas, sino en blanco para poder hacerlas a tu gusto, y pude ir viendo las customizaciones de la gente, pero aún me parecían obras de arte inaccesibles para mí.
Más tarde, en 2013, una amiga se trajo las suyas para enseñármelas en persona. Al tener aquellas preciosidades en las manos, dejaron de parecerme inalcanzables: ya no eran una foto en internet, eran reales, podía tener las mías propias, plasmar mis propios personajes. Y supe que no había vuelta atrás, me había enamorado.



How did you started to sculpt your own dolls? Did you learn by yourself, or do you have an artistic background?
I self-learned at the start. Like many of us, I did not like small dolls... But I’ve been a very creative person since I can remember. Since I was 13 I was painting and collecting miniatures (Warhammer most of all), I wrote stories, sew (cosplays), drew, took pictures and edited them in Photoshop (at a very amateur level)... and in the world of miniatures and modellism I ended up sculpting my own pines.
It soon became the art form I liked the most: creating tangible objects from scratch. As I’ve said before, I am a creative person, and when I discovered that dolls allowed me to develop all my interests in one hobby, I dived head-first to buy them and, later, to try to sculpt art dolls. Until that time I had only created figures, but joints were the next logical step in my interest for learning (after having tried dolls, a poseable sculpts, static figures were lacking).
My issue was that, at the end, I was allergic to the clays used to sculpt. My hands skin turned to dust, they were swollen... and I had a crisis because I thought that that was the end to my dream, and that I would have to renounce to what I loved to do. Until Esther Vivi (from Mishi’s Doll) helped me learn to sculpt in 3D. Since then, we have helped each other to learn, practicing with each new tool that we discovered for the modelling software.
¿Y desde ahí cómo empezaste a armar tus BJDs? ¿Aprendiste por tu cuenta, o tienes formación artística?
Al principio, fui autodidacta. Al igual que muchas de nosotras, no me gustaban demasiado las muñecas de pequeña… Pero sí que he sido una persona muy creativa desde que puedo recordar. Desde los 13 años, pintaba y coleccionaba miniaturas (de Warhammer, sobre todo), escribía historias, cosía (cosplays), dibujaba, hacía fotografías que retocaba en Photoshop (a un nivel muy amateur)… y en el mundillo de las miniaturas y el modelismo, terminé haciendo mis pinitos también con la escultura. Enseguida se convirtió en la forma de arte que más me gustaba: crear objetos físicos y tridimensionales desde cero.
Como he comentado antes, soy una persona creativa, y al descubrir que las muñecas permitían desarrollar todas mis aficiones en un solo hobby, me metí de cabeza, primero a comprarlas y, más tarde, a intentar esculpir las mías. Hasta el momento sólo había esculpido figuras, pero las articulaciones eran el siguiente paso lógico en mi afán por aprender (después de haber probado las muñecas, que son una escultura que puede posar, se me quedaron cortas las figuras estáticas).
Mi problema fue que al cabo del tiempo, desarrollé alergia a las masillas que más usaba para esculpir. Se me hacía polvo la piel de las manos, se me hinchaban… Y tuve una crisis porque pensé que ahí terminaba mi sueño, tendría que renunciar a lo que más me gustaba hacer. Hasta que Esther Vivi (escultora de Mishi’s Doll) me ayudó a aprender a modelar en 3D. Desde entonces nos hemos ayudado a aprender mutuamente, enseñándonos cada nueva herramienta que descubríamos para los programas de modelado que usamos.



The Mosslings are your most unique dolls. How did appeared? What inspired you? What challenges did you found when sculpting them?
They are currently my most popular creature, and to be honest I am surprised and astounded with the reception they have had: people is continually asking for more since they came out. That success made possible another preorder in February, with new resin colors that I hope people will love.
Mosslings appeared with the idea of creating fantasy pets very linked to nature. I have always been passionate about biodiversity (all my studies are on those lines). I am fascinated by life in all shapes and I wanted a magical tree-like creature as a pet for Erin that would be curious, playful and fun and, even if it could not speak, it would be expressive. I grew up involved and influenced by stories like The Lord of the Rings and, thinking on the Ents (they are tree-like creatures that can unroot themselves, move and talk) I thought in the trees in our woods, in how a century-old tree could go out to discover the world if they wanted it. And that was when the Mosslings appeared.
Each new doll makes me face new design challenges. It is not only creating a pretty sculpture: it also has to be functional. For the Mosslings I had to deal with issues after issues, from sanding delicate and detailed pieces, up to casting in the colours I wanted (it is harder and more expensive to cast in dark colours).
The size was the biggest limitation for everything else: they had to be 8cm tall and, regardless of that, have enough space inside them to be able to joint them with rubber. I had to sacrifice double-joints on the elbows (and remove the knee-joint), leaving me with a limited mobility with less play room for poseability. Thinking on this, I added five interchangeable facial expressions, inspired on Nendoroids, which also use this to complement their lack of joints. Different expressions return the expressions back to the photos and, I had to say that once I had the first prototype in my hands, I checked by myself how fun it was taking photos of them. Because of their portable size and their expressions, it is the doll I pay more attention to: both my Mosslings are my most spoiled dolls.
Tus muñecos más únicos son los Mosslings ¿Cómo surgieron? ¿Qué te inspiró? ¿Qué desafíos encontraste al modelarlos?
Son mi criatura más popular por el momento, y la verdad es que estoy sorprendida y encantada con la acogida que han tenido, la gente no ha dejado de pedir más desde que salieron por primera vez. Ese éxito hará posible un nuevo pre-order en febrero, con nuevos colores de resina, que espero que gusten a la mayoría.
Los mosslings surgieron con la idea de hacer mascotas de fantasía con un trasfondo muy ligado a la naturaleza. Siempre me ha apasionado la biodiversidad (todos mis estudios fueron enfocados en esa línea), me fascina la vida en todas sus formas, y como mascota de Erin quería una criatura mágica arbórea que, en esencia, fuese curiosa, juguetona y divertida, y que aunque no pudiese hablar, fuese muy expresiva. Crecí muy influenciada por historias como El Señor de los Anillos, y al pensar en los Ents (que, simplificando, son criaturas similares a árboles, pero pueden desarraigarse, moverse y hablar), pensé en los árboles de nuestros bosques, en cómo podría hacer un árbol estático y centenario para salir a descubrir el mundo, si quisiera. Así surgieron los mosslings.
Cada nueva muñeca me supone enfrentarme a nuevos desafíos de diseño. No se trata sólo de hacer una escultura bonita: También tiene que ser funcional. En el caso de los mosslings, se planteó un reto tras otro, desde el lijado de piezas diminutas y detalladas, hasta el casteo en los colores que yo quería (siempre es más complejo y caro castear en colores oscuros).
El tamaño fue el mayor condicionante para todo lo demás: los mosslings debían medir tan sólo 8 cm de altura, y pese a ello, tener espacio suficiente en su interior para poder articularlos con gomas. Con ese tamaño tenía que sacrificar la doble articulación del codo (y eliminar la articulación de las rodillas), lo que me dejaría una criatura con una movilidad más limitada, que daría menos juego en cuanto a posabilidad. Pensando en esto, añadí para ellos 5 expresiones faciales intercambiables, inspirándome en los Nendoroids, que también suplen con este sistema su falta de articulaciones. Las distintas expresiones les devuelven en gran medida esas posibilidades fotográficas para fotohistorias, y tengo que decir que desde que tuve el primer prototipo en las manos, comprobé por mí misma lo divertido que era hacer fotografías con ellos. Por su tamaño portátil y sus distintas expresiones faciales, es la muñeca a la que más uso le doy, los dos mosslings de mi colección personal son mis pequeños consentidos.





You also have other humanoid dolls. How would you define your style? What inspires you?
My brand has two lines, one of 1/6 humanoids (the goblins, to which Erin and Willow belong to) and the goblins’ pets (Mosslings will soon be acquainted with new pets). In the future I also want to make some 1/4 creatures which I have a design in mind since years ago.
My brand moves towards the fantastic theme. I do not know if my style is completely defined in artistic lines *laughs*, but big fantasy ears repeat in my designs. I love pointed-ears dolls and my goblins had to be aligned with that.
The dolls I create are part of my personal fantasy, from the stories I wrote years ago, inspired on fairytales and local northern Spain folk tales. The goblins (Erin, Willow and more to come) are the main characters of some of my stories. What is usually understood by “goblin” in fantasy would be similar to a green-skinned troll. My goblins –I named them like that- are something more similar to the English term of goblin, translated to Spanish like leprechaun. Therefore, my “goblins” are leprechauns.
Erin and Willow have different personalities: Erin is mischievous and enthusiast (that is why her Mossling had to be able to accompany her). Willow is more sweet and serene. I’ve tried to convey these personalities in both siblings, not only with their facial expressions but in the shape of their ears (upward and pointy for Erin, downwards and rounded for Willow).
También tienes otros muñecos más humanoides. ¿Cómo definirías tu estilo? ¿Qué es lo que te inspira?
Mi marca de momento tiene dos líneas, una de humanoides tamaño 1/6 (los goblins, línea a la que pertenecen Erin y Willow), y otra de mascotas para esos goblins (a los mosslings pronto se les unirán nuevas mascotas). En el futuro quiero hacer también algunas criaturas tamaño 1/4, para las que hace años que tengo diseños e ideas.
Mi marca apuesta claramente por la temática fantástica. No sé si mi estilo está definido aún, artísticamente hablando {ríe}, pero lo que sí se repite en todos mis diseños son las orejas grandes y de fantasía. Me encantan las muñecas de orejas puntiagudas, y mis goblins no iban a ser menos.
Las muñecas que esculpo forman parte de mi imaginario personal, de las historias que escribía hace años, inspirada por los cuentos, el folklore de zonas del norte de España, y por las sagas de novelas de fantasía. Los goblins (Erin, Willow y varios más aún por llegar) son los protagonistas de algunas de mis historias. Lo que tradicionalmente se entiende por “goblin” en la fantasía, sería algo similar a un trasgo de piel verde. Mis goblins –llamadas así por mi propio nombre- son sin embargo más acordes a la otra traducción de goblin, que sería “duende”. Mis goblins son, básicamente, duendecillas. Erin y Willow tienen un carácter muy diferente: Erin es bastante traviesa y entusiasta (motivo por el cual su mascota, el mossling, tenía que ser igual de “trasto” y capaz de acompañarla). Willow en cambio es más dulce y serena. He intentado transmitir esas personalidades en estas dos hermanas, no sólo con sus expresiones faciales, sino también con la forma de sus orejas (más levantadas y alerta en el caso de Erin, y de formas más caídas y redondeadas para Willow).

Left: Erin, photo by Alexandra Sharuya. Right: Willow, photo by Goblin Tales.
Outfits by EternalDolls, faceups by Oh My Doll!


Do you have a workflow?
My process starts with the idea of the character I have in mind. I make some basic sketches, denoting the key character elements (do I want it to smile? Do I want a sleepy face? Does she have wide hips? Which are they proportions?) I make a sketch at real size of the front and profile, checking if it visually works.
Then I think of the mechanics. Where do I have to add joints? Does it need an additional flap for the torso? Where will the magnets go? Will it flex if I make this piece this thick in this position?
Once the previous study is done, I move to the modelling software and start sculpting. The time required to sculpt is variable: form the moment I start, until it is done, in parts and with working joints can be from a couple weeks up to several months. Joints often alter and limit the final design, so even when it appears that the design is over, it may happen that when adding the joints I need to redesign several pieces to enhance the movement.
When the model is finish, I need to print it. I often use an external company so it is printed in high quality hard plastic. This is an expensive process and, if there were design errors only visible in the prototype, I need to repeat the wrong parts, make new cuts, adapt the joints, and print again (paying for it again).
Once I have the printed model it takes me several more working days to modify some pieces with clay by hand (with its corresponding allergic episode, sadly), when I see that there are pieces that work in 3D but not in a real life object. I often fix big errors, poseability issues and any other detail it may happen.
It also takes quite some time to finish polishing the prototype to be able to cast it: the printed model brings printing lines, grains (as if made of sand)... and it is a very difficult plastic to sand. It needs at least eight layers of sanding (of different types) plus a primer spray to obtain a smooth surface. If the prototype has already been used for molds, I will have to repeat the sanding and priming steps to repair the damage caused by the casting process. This is done after several castings, when the prototype looses details and becomes unusable: they do not last forever.
With the prototype already finished I talk with the casting company and send it to them. Before this step I make a public preorder, mostly to help finance the casting process, which is also expensive and health-threatening (that is why I prefer to leave it on the hands of professionals). A preorder also requires some preparation: customizing a showcase doll, taking photos, editing them, promoting, answering emails, managing payments...
After the preorder I sent the prototype. During the months required for casing I use the time to finish other things: cushions, boxes, certificates, cards, checking again with the casting company... All of that until the dolls arrive, they are checked, protected and packaged, and sent to their new homes.
¿Cuáles es tu proceso de trabajo?
Mi proceso de trabajo empieza por la idea de personaje que tengo en mente. Hago unos bocetos sencillos, marcando los elementos principales del personaje (¿quiero que sonría? ¿Quiero una cara adormilada? ¿Tiene las caderas anchas? ¿Cuáles son sus proporciones?). Hago un dibujo a tamaño real, de frente y perfil de la muñeca, comprobando si visualmente funciona.
El siguiente paso es pensar en la mecánica. ¿Dónde tengo que poner las articulaciones? ¿Necesito ponerle una tapa adicional para poder abrir el torso? ¿Dónde irán los imanes? ¿Podrá flexionar bien si hago esta pieza así de ancha en esta posición?
Una vez tengo este estudio previo hecho, paso los diseños al programa de modelado y comienzo a esculpir. El tiempo que tardo en esculpir es muy variable: desde el momento en el que empiezo a modelar, hasta el momento en el que el modelo está esculpido, troceado y con las articulaciones bien hechas, pueden pasar desde una o dos semanas hasta varios meses. Las articulaciones suelen alterar y condicionar en parte el diseño final, así que incluso cuando parece que el modelo ya está terminado, puede ocurrir que al añadir las articulaciones haya que rediseñar varias piezas para permitir un mejor movimiento.
Cuando el modelo está ya esculpido, hay que mandarlo a imprimir. Yo suelo enviarlos a una compañía externa, para que me lo impriman en plástico duro de alta calidad; es un proceso caro, y si se han cometido errores de modelado (visibles cuando ya ha llegado el prototipo imprimido), hay que repetir las piezas erróneas, hacer los cortes de nuevo, adaptar las articulaciones para que giren mejor, y volver a imprimir (y a pagar por la impresión).
Una vez tengo el modelo imprimido, a veces tardo varias jornadas más de trabajo en modificar algunas zonas con masilla, manualmente (con el episodio alérgico correspondiente, por desgracia), si veo que hay piezas que funcionan en 3D pero no en un objeto real. Soluciono grosores, problemas de posabilidad, y cualquier otra cosa que pueda surgir.
También se tarda bastante tiempo en terminar de pulir el prototipo para poder castearlo: El modelo impreso trae líneas de impresión, granulado (como si sus paredes fuesen de arena) … Y es un plástico bastante duro y arduo de lijar. Hacen falta como mínimo 8 capas sucesivas de lija (de varios grosores) + spray de imprimación para conseguir dejar pulida la superficie. Si el prototipo ya se ha usado anteriormente para hacer moldes, habrá que repetir igualmente el proceso de lijado + imprimación de nuevo, para reparar los daños ocasionados por el proceso de casteo (esto hace que al cabo de varios casteos, el prototipo pierda detalle y quede inservible, no duran eternamente).
Con el prototipo ya listo, se contacta con la empresa que vaya a castearlo, y se les envía. Antes de este paso, es cuando se suele hacer un pre-order al público, en gran parte para ayudar a financiar el proceso de casteo, que también es un proceso caro y peligroso para la salud (por eso yo prefiero dejarlo en manos de profesionales). Un pre-order también incluye cierta preparación: customización de la muñeca de muestra si procede, fotografía, edición de fotos, promoción, respuesta a todos los correos, gestión de los pagos…
Tras el pre-order, se envía el prototipo a castear. Durante los meses que dura el casteo, se aprovecha para terminar de preparar lo que falta: cojines protectores, cajas, tarjetas, certificados, volver a contactar con la empresa casteadora para asegurarse de que todo va correctamente… Hasta que las muñecas llegan casteadas, se protegen y empaquetan, y se envían a sus nuevos hogares.

3D Model, without sanding or priming.

Primed 3D model, ready for casting.

Erin's first cast, photo by Harucasting.


You have attended several cons. Will you share your experience? Do you have any plans for this year?
As an artist, the DollyDay Barcelona has become a mandatory stop in Spain, and outside of it I had a stand at Lyons’ LDoll. It is impossible to compare any event to LDoll, that is clear: almost 200 stands, artist of all the world, all gathered at the same venue... the scale and reach of such event is amazing. But I have to say that both are amazing and that I will repeat.
My experience is always positive though wearing *laughs*. Stands are my pending topic and I usually end up working in them at the last moment. Being able to meet your clients face to face is amazing, even though I am an introvert (so you may have seen me a little self-centred in events), but I always enjoy it a lot and I am thankful for each person that comes to see my work, take pictures and have some words with me. In that sense, events are a unique environment. And of course, it is amazing to be able to talk with other fellow artists that –otherwise- I am not able to see in months, enjoy their stands and take home a little piece of their art. It is the magic of events. I love them.
For next year I have a complicated calendar because of other projects, so I believe I will have to limit myself to the DollyDay. If I attend any other, it will have to be as a visitor, probably. Which I also find attractive, so I can enjoy an event from “the other side of the table” as well.
Has atendido varias conferencias. ¿Nos compartes tu experiencia? ¿Tienes planes para este año?
Como expositora, el Dolly Day de Barcelona se ha vuelto la visita obligada en España, y fuera de ella tuve un stand en octubre en el LDoll de Lyon. Es imposible comparar cualquier evento con el LDoll de Lyon, eso está claro: casi 200 stands, artistas de todo el mundo, todos reunidos en el mismo sitio… La escala y el alcance de un evento así es increíble. Pero tengo que decir que ambos eventos me parecen increíbles y seguro que repetiré.
Mi experiencia en los eventos siempre es positiva, aunque agotadora {ríe}. Los stands son mi asignatura pendiente y habitualmente acabo trabajando en ellos casi hasta el último momento. El poder ver a tus clientes de primera mano es fantástico, incluso a pesar de que soy una persona tímida (así que quizá me hayáis visto algo retraída en los eventos), pero siempre lo disfruto muchísimo y agradezco cada persona que se acerca a mirar mi trabajo, hacerle fotos y tener unas palabras conmigo. En ese sentido, los eventos son un entorno único. Y por supuesto, es genial poder coincidir con mis colegas artistas a los que de otra forma no puedo ver en meses, disfrutar de sus stands de primera mano y llevarme a casa un pedacito de su arte, en persona. Es parte de la magia de los eventos. Me encantan.
Para el próximo año tengo un calendario algo complicado, por compatibilidad con otros proyectos, y de momento creo que tendré que limitarme a asistir como stand al Dolly Day. Si voy a algún otro, tendrá que ser como visitante, probablemente. Lo cual también me apetece muchísimo, poder disfrutar de vez en cuando de un evento desde el otro lado de la mesa.



Finally, is there anything else you’ll like to share with us?
I want to make a small thought exercise. I had some wonderful moments in 2018, but it was also a sad year due to the biggest incident regarding recasts.
You may have seen that I have extended a little more than expected on the doll creation workflow. And that was totally on purpose because I believe that, in moments like this, it is more important than ever to show the real work behind each doll: the investment it requires of the artist in time, money and effort. Because each time more people memorize the “recast is wrong” statement, even though many of them do not fully understand why.
Why the thief can allow a certain price and the author do not. Why creating a doll is not “sculpting one and the rest is creating endless copies”. I have told you each step so you can know everything that is behind each doll. And you are allowed to write me if you want more details or numbers.
Lastly, please remember that what to some people it is “a hobby, a spoil” it is an artist’s work, its mean of having a leaving, such as other people have their jobs and pay their bills with that. And as I always say: “it is true that people are more important than dolls”, but that do not includes artists, which are also people. It is more important the artist’s need to eat, than your desire of having a doll at all costs.
If the artist does not reach the end of the month, if people start waiting directly for the thieves to get a cheap copy instead of saving money to pay the artist... the artist will have to change jobs. There will be no new dolls, and all artists that leave from this will also disappear (seamstresses, faceup artists, wig makers, eye or shoe makers).
Please, make responsible and sustainable purchases. And let’s keep making this hobby something beautiful build by all of us!
Finalmente ¿hay algo más que quieras compartir con nosotros?
Quiero aprovechar para hacer una pequeña reflexión. El año 2018 tuvo momentos maravillosos, pero también será un año que recordaremos tristemente por el mayor incidente que ha tenido lugar con respecto al recast.
Habréis observado que me he extendido un poco más de lo que se esperaba, en la pregunta sobre el proceso de creación de una muñeca. Y ha sido totalmente a propósito, porque creo que en momentos como este, es más importante que nunca poner de manifiesto el verdadero trabajo que hay detrás de una muñeca, la inversión que implica, en tiempo, dinero y esfuerzo, para quien la hace. Porque cada vez más gente se aprende de memoria la frase “el recast está mal”, pero muchas personas no alcanzan del todo a entender por qué.
Por qué el pirata puede permitirse un precio y el autor de la muñeca no. Por qué el recast hace tanto daño. Por qué el crear una muñeca no es “esculpir una, y el resto ya es mandarla a hacer copias eternamente y listo”. Os he contado todos los pasos para que sepáis lo que realmente hay detrás de cada muñeca. Y me pongo a vuestra disposición si queréis escribirme para que os dé más detalles y cifras.
Por último, recordad que lo que para unas personas es “sólo un hobby, un capricho”, para los artistas es su trabajo, su medio de vida, al igual que otras personas tienen otros oficios y pagan sus facturas con ellos. Y como digo siempre, es muy cierto que “las personas son más importantes que las muñecas”, pero eso incluye a los artistas, que también son personas. Es más importante la necesidad de comer del artista, que el capricho de tener una muñeca a cualquier precio en la estantería del comprador. Si el artista no llega a fin de mes, si la gente empieza a esperar directamente a ver si el pirata saca una copia barata, en vez de ir ahorrando para pagar al artista, el artista tendrá que cambiar de oficio. No habrá muñecas nuevas, y todos los artistas y artesanos que también viven de esto desaparecerán también (costureras, maquilladoras, hacedoras de pelucas, de ojos, de zapatos…).
Por favor, comprad de forma responsable y sostenible ¡y sigamos haciendo de este hobby algo bonito construido entre todos!


Thank you for doing the interview! Nice to meet you!
Thanks to you! The pleasure is mine. See you at the DollyDay!
¡Muchísimas gracias por hacer la entrevista! ¡Un gusto!
¡Gracias a ti! Ha sido un placer. ¡Nos vemos en el Dolly Day!




And this was all for today! I hope you have enjoyed this interview and Ana's creativity as much as I did. Feel free to share the link to the interview, but do not repost the interview. Please, contact me if you want to translate it to another language.

You can find GoblinTales on the following places:
And here we are starting a new month. Thanks for reading, and I wish you the best. Let's chat on the comments, and feel free to ask me for a particular interview, in case you have an artist in mind.

12 comments :

  1. Oh wow, some very magical creatures! I love the pointy eared smiling girl a lot. ^__^ I started to follow her Instagram. Thank you for another fantastic interview Musume. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! She makes some amazing creatures!
      Happy you liked the interview <3

      Delete
  2. OMG! I love her little dolls. I was not at all aware of Goblin Tales, now I want to follow her and hopefully buy a Mossling and a smiling Erin. I am so glad she went into detail about the work involved in creating these little creatures, because more people need to know how much recasters cost the doll community. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like them so much! I hope you can get the Mossling and Erin as well!
      I love the detail she put into explaining and I agree with the fact that it is really important to know all the hard work that goes behind making a doll.

      Delete
  3. Another very interesting interview. I didn't know this sculptor before. The little mosslings are priceless. I am usually not into this type of creature dolls, but they sure are tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The mosslings are adorable, I know! <3

      Delete
  4. These are so incredibly cute, I love their story and how connected to nature they are.
    I'm not generally into anything but 'human' dolls but these are really tempting, I can imagine making some great stories for them to feature in.
    Thank you for the interview, it was great!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they are! The leaf ears make them so expressive honestly!
      Would you plan on getting a mossling? Happy you liked the interview!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for introducing me to so much temptation Musume, those little critters are simply divine and you know how much I love fantasy dolls, SIGH! I hadn't seen these before your very interesting interview, so thank you for helping to spend my dolly money. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you are welcome!! I love fantasy dolls for my tiny crew as well!
      Let me know if you get one, I'd love to see them and what you do with them!

      Delete
  6. Another wonderful interview and the dolls are just adorable. It is great to see artists make different faces, with smiles and happy eyes. Those mosslings are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The dolls are great, honestly!

      Delete