Monday 1 April 2019

Drinks & Emails ~ Short Story

Hello everybody, another story is here! It is hard for me to post Coco again, but I had written this story quite a while ago, and I did not want to ditch it out. So here it is. I am quite proud, as I designed her outfit myself, and it turned out to be a nice combination. As I am trying to do lately, the patterns for the outfit are available on my Etsy Momo's Patterns.

So, without further ado, let's start with the story!



Here is a quick note about the characters:
  • Channel Seong: Coco's younger sister.
  • Ri Ho-Jun: A famous pottery artisan, that is Coco's acquitance.



Chapter 15: Drinks & Emails


That was the reason why she didn’t do relationships. They were complicated and, more often than not, she wouldn’t know how to handle them. And because of that, Coco had pushed her sister Chanel away: it was easier like this, without constantly worrying if she had done something to make her feel bad. Long-distance relationships were far easier to handle, and Coco had several friendships... or acquaintances of that type.

But somehow, Venezia had a point. She couldn’t keep her sister away for all eternity. Especially when Coco always put so much effort on sending Chanel anonymous gifts on Christmas and her birthday. And then, there was Ri Ho-Jun: the guy had barely expressed her gratitude towards Coco, in person on a gallery event, and later that night she had had a panic attack.

“You can’t keep being like this!” Venezia had said. “You push everyone away, because you are scared!”

In that moment, Coco couldn’t handle the situation and rushed to a make-up store to distract herself. And now, she was drinking to oblivion, acknowledging that Venezia was right. She pressed one hand into her forehead, worried about what she should do... and the first thing that came to her mind, was writing an email to Chanel. Hopefully, she would not be using that email anymore and would not read it.

But... after all, Venezia was right. It was her sister, and she shouldn’t push her away. She grabbed the tablet she had next to her, and carefully opened the email application. And then, she proceeded to spend half an hour staring at a blank page, and deleting every single word she wrote.

“Did you finally decide to write to her?” Coco left out a small scream, surprised by her roommate. Realizing she had been caught, Coco felt the heat rising on her cheeks. Venezia laughed, walking around her, and gave Coco a chaste kiss.

“Do you want help?” she asked. The light haired model nodded, unable to form any word after feeling so ashamed. At least, she knew Venezia wouldn’t judge her for that.








And this was all for today! I need a short story to link with the thing I have in mind for Coco's birthday. Hopefully, I will manage to prepare everything in time. I don't know how much of Coco and V's "relationship" to talk about, as I don't know if any romance would be interesting. It wouldn't be anything explicit, as I don't do that sort of writing, though. Let me know!

12 comments :

  1. I don't know what to suggest about relationships between Coco and V but this was a nice short story :)
    I hope she does contact her sister, after all, they say blood is thicker than water ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so as well, it would be a very interesting story :D

      Delete
  2. Nice story and the pictures are great as always. She looks like summer on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      Happy you liked the photos :D

      Delete
    2. I've written a message to you on DOA, please check :)

      Delete
    3. I saw it and replied!

      Delete
  3. Relationships are always complicated especially amongst families, but most times speaking to each other and being honest about feelings can often make a relationship stronger. I do hope Coco manages to find the right words to reunite with her sister, but I'm not so good with relationships as to offer any wonderful suggestions . . . sorry Musume.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but you are right! Family relationships are complicated.

      Delete
  4. First of all, cute outfit. You did a good job. The story left me wanting more. I hope Coco will work things out with her sister. I'm no relationship expert, being an only child myself, but it seems to me Coco needs to reach out and at least meet her sister halfway instead of always pushing her away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Glad you liked the story, I think that is a great idea, actually!

      Delete
  5. Lovely little story! And family relationships are hard, but I do hope that Coco and her sister can patch things up. Often we do things out of fear - we do not want to get hurt, left alone...so it is easier to just push people away. And when it comes to Coco and V, I have a feeling of sparkles and some deep talk is needed! Maybe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Indeed they are. I hope I can continue this story if I get Coco back. A deep talk may be required, of course! And I'd love to write that, actually.

      Delete