Sunday 30 June 2019

Interview with LemonJellyShoppe

Hello everybody! Today I bring an interview to those fans of glittery, shiny, fantasy eyes like me: LemonJellyShoppe, and his owner and artist Noel. You may have read about him before in my blog, as SleepySheepDreams mentioned him on her interview as well.

So, as always, all photos are used with permission, and you can read this in English or Spanish. So without further ado, let´s start!


Hi there! Thank you for doing the interview :D
Hello! Thank you for having me! I’m that guy behind Lemon Jelly Shoppe. You can call me Noel ( pronounced Knoll) haha. It’s different I know!
¡Hola! Gracias por aceptar la entrevista :D
¡Hola! ¡Gracias por invitarme! Soy ese chico detrás de Lemon Jelly Shoppe. Pueden llamarme Noel (se pronuncia Knoll), jajaja. ¡Es diferente, lo sé!



How long have you been in the BJD hobby? How did you started with it?
I’ve been in the BJD hobby since 2008. My girlfriend and I found them on Deviantart. I remember seeing a doll named Zipper. I thought “Wow! That’s pretty cool!” I looked more into them, and then then I started buying Obitsu. I really had no idea what we were getting into! From there we started collecting real BJD.
¿Hace cuánto que estás en el hobby de BJDs? ¿Cómo comenzaste en esto?
He estado en el hobby de las BJDs desde 2008. Mi novia y yo las encontramos en DeviantArt. Recuerdo haber visto una muñeca llamada Zipper, y pensé “¡Wow! ¡Eso es muy genial!”. Busqué más sobre ellas, y luego comencé a comprar Obitsu. ¡Realmente no tenía idea sobre en qué me estaba metiendo! De ahí, empecé a coleccionar verdaderas BJDs.


What inspired you to start making handmade eyes? Do you have any workplace to share with us?
My girlfriend is who pushed me into it! I wasn’t very good at sticking with any kind of crafts… I guess at first I wanted to prove to everyone hey I can do this (!). Then I really got into it I’m always striving to improve my craft. My workplace is quite unorganized I’d rather not share haha!
¿Qué te inspiró a empezar a hacer ojos artesanales? ¿Tienes un espacio de trabajo para compartir con nosotros?
¡Mi novia me empujó con esto! Nunca fui muy bueno al mantenerme al tanto con cualquier tipo de manualidad... creo que al principio quería probarles a todos que podía hacerlo (!). Luego realmente me metí en ello, y ahora siempre estoy deseando mejorar mis manualidades. Mi espacio de trabajo es muy desorganizado, así que prefiero no compartilo, jajaja!



You have a variety of eyes, even with coloured or transparent scleras. What can you tell us about them? Do you work by stock or accept commissions?
I’m always trying to express myself through my eyes so I really try to stay away from limiting what I do with them. I want there to be something for everyone. I want to offer eyes that others may not have done before. I offer in stock pairs and commissions. I also sell grab bags that I call Gashapon eyes! You get 4 random pairs in a pack they come in capsules.
Tienes una gran variedad de ojos, incluso con córneas transparentes o de color. ¿Qué puedes contarnos sobre ellos? ¿Trabajas con stock o aceptas comisiones?
Siempre estoy intentando expresarme mediante los ojos, así que intento mantenerme alejado de limitar lo que hago con ellos. Quiero que haya algo para todas las personas. Quiero ofrecer ojos que no se han hecho antes. Trabajo con pares en stock y con comisiones. También vendo bolsitas que llamo “Ojos Gashapon”. Obtienes cuatro pares en un pack, y vienen en cápsulas.


Among your eyes, is there a style that is your favorite? Why?
I’m a dragon when it comes to my eyes! Jewels, sparkles, gold flake are my favorite.
Entre todos tus ojos ¿tienes un estilo que sea tu favorito? ¿Por qué?
¡Soy un dragón en lo que respecta a mis ojos! Joyas, brillos, detalles en dorado. Todo eso es lo que me gusta.



Finally, is there anything more you’ll like to share with us?
I just wanted to thank my loyal fans and customers. Without you I don’t think I would have gotten as far as I have. Thank you.
Finalmente ¿hay algo más que te gustaría compartir con nosotros?
Simplemente quiero agradecerle a mis fans leales y clientes. Sin ustedes, no creo que hubiera llegado tan lejos como lo he hecho. Gracias.


Thank you for doing the interview!
Thank you again for having me. I look forward to what the future of this hobby brings!
¡Gracias por hacer la entrevista!
Gracias por invitarme. ¡Espero ansioso a ver qué es lo que trae el futuro de este hobby!




And this is all for today! Hope you've liked this interview, as these are pretty unique eyes. Feel free to share the link to the interview, but please do not repost the interview. If you want to translate it to another language, kindly ask me first.
And if you want to find Noel and his amazing eyes, here are some links:
Okay, thanks for reading, and if you have an artist in mind for an interview, let me know! I'll try to contact them, if I haven't interviewed them already. Thanks for reading, bye!

10 comments :

  1. Oh they are really pretty and perfect for fantasy dolls & animals. I wouldn't mind some of them for my dragon. Thanks for the post & links M!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they are!! I would love these eyes on dragons!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, the detail in these eyes are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!! He makes stunning eyes!!

      Delete
  3. I was thinking they'd be fun for my little dragons, too, if he makes any small enough. Too bad he didn't say what sizes he makes.

    The transparent sclera eyes are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I agree with this! He makes a lot of sizes as far as I know.

      Delete
  4. These eyes are super pretty, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I'm happy to spread the word about artists in the hobby!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing this interview! Lemonjellyshoppe is new to me. I like the eyes a lot, suitable for those fantasy dolls. Or dragons! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they eyes are great for fantasy dolls!

      Delete