Sunday 22 September 2019

Draconic Spring!

Well, this is just a silly post of pictures and nothing else. But the first weekend after getting my new camera, we went to a nearby park so I could take pictures. Imagine me, almost 1.70m, literally lying on the ground, belly down, trying to look through the camera's view, pointing and shooting photos of my dragons in weird angles. All of that, while I muttered to myself: "I am an adult. I have 30 years. I am an adult".

I went there with my partner, so I could embarrass him, and when he heard me muttering those words, he told me: "It is funny how you are ashamed of going into a photography store and asking something, but you have no issues on lying here in the middle of the road". I haven't realised. But oh well!

By the way, I am trying a different thing here. Since this pics are not "connected" into a story, I tried different ways of editing, according to the colors or things. What do you think?


















So this is all for today! Spring should be finally be here, thought I doubt we will be able to ditch the coats, because you know, this city can have the four seasons in a single day, as somebody told me. But I'll be continuing my journey of lying on roads to take pictures of tiny dolls. Because reasons.

What is the craziest thing you have done for a doll photo? Let me know in the comments!

10 comments :

  1. Great photos! My favorites are the ones of the purple dragon (Nyx?) on the rotten tree stump. You are a lot braver than you think. I would never lie in the road to take a photo, not so much from embarrassment but because I wouldn't be able to get up again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the purple one is Nyx! I loved that rotten stump, I was doing a weird balancing with each leg at a different level, and partner was like "wtf is she doing!!". I did lie on that road, and in the grass, and when I came back, I had to wash everything! D:

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. And I envy you for being able to write spring should be finally there. It's autumn that's finally there over here. I'd love to skip the whole season with darkness and cold. I hope you keep the sunny pictures coming to cheer us up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at the positive side: autumn = Halloween!! I hate winter as well, I agree on that. It keeps getting clouded and days are so short D:

      Delete
  3. All the photos are absolutely great, but I love number 2, 3 and 4.
    These little dragons are so sweet!
    And yes, I know that weird poses while taking dolly photos. It's like yoga, right? ;)
    Well, the Fall begins here. I will have to wait for the Spring few months...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really love them, you should get some dragons but beware: they are kind of addictive, and will swarm your house in the blink of an eye.
      Exactly! It is camerayoga!

      Delete
  4. Another set of gorgeous photos Musume, the colours really really pop out of the screen at me!
    You are doing great with your new camera :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon!! I'm happy that you like them :D

      Delete
  5. Read this post with a big smile and adored those photos! So cute!
    I went to a park nearby our cottage an took one of my dolls with me. On my knees I took photos of Zipporah. A runner almost run of the road in the park while looking and wondering what an adult woman was doing. Wanted to say "eyes on the road, mister, for your own safety - just photographing a doll here!" But, I am too shy for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Now I'm scouting parks to see where I can take Venezia out for some pics with a dress I haven't made yet xD But oh well! You should have definitely said that! What a creep, I had a woman approaching me once, but she was more curious about *what* I was photographing. She thought they were tiny animals!

      Delete