Sunday 15 September 2019

Steampunk Coco ~ Photos

This is the dress I am most proud off, the one that took me the longest time, and one I really treasure. You can see the whole project (including video) on my blog. But when I took photos of it, the outcome was really disappointing (see them here).

So, before selling Coco, I asked my partner if he could take me outside and bare with me while I took photos of her, and he did. For an hour and half. And he even too me a photo with Coco -which was surprisingly focused and well-framed (he never does both things at the same time)! I decided I will be taking photos of myself with my dolls, and make a collage with them. But not to share publicly, though.

Anyways, this was the last photoshoot of Coco, with the dress I love (and I kept it, of course!!). I hope to make more huge dresses like this, though. Enjoy!



























A simple post, but I hope that a fitting goodbye to a beloved doll. She taught me so much: the value of dreams, of saving, of not thinking that something is impossible, of how everything can be achieved if you put your mind on it and work for it. To respect other people's work (artist), and nevermind other skills such as sewing, styling, photography.

11 comments :

  1. Beautiful photo session! I love it. I can imagine it's not easy to part with the doll like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It wasn't easy, honestly. I cried a lot, and I'm not ashamed of confessing that!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos! This is my favorite among your dresses, too. I'm glad you kept it, even though Coco is gone. Who knows? Someday you may have another doll who can wear it. Let's hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! it is such a pretty dress, that I couldn't part with it. I guess that if I stick to a similarly shaped doll, she should be able to wear it in the future. I hope so!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous gown Musume, I'm so pleased you kept it. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely dress, and who knows who will have the pleasure to wear it again. But I feel your pain as far as taking pictures of dresses is concerned. It's always difficult to get the whole dress in the picture and still show details you spent hours on. You did a great job with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. It is really difficult to take clothes pictures! Especially if you want to show everything and the complete look as well xD

      Delete
  5. Musume these photos are beautiful and your outfit is gorgeous, such a lot of work has gone into it, it is so obvious to see. I am sorry that your girl is going/gone but hopefully one day you will have someone else who can wear this super outfit.
    Big hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon that means a lot to me!! She is gone, but she went to someone who loved her, and I hope I can get her back in the future! Hugs~

      Delete
  6. It is such a beautiful dress and you made it well! You should be proud!
    I hope that Coco is doing well in her new home.

    ReplyDelete