Sunday 5 January 2020

Venezia's Bday!

Hello again! Yes, new goals will be posted next week; this is going to be the new tradition, because V's arrival/bday is on January 3rd! So we must celebrate my princess' bday!

Anyways, I have a thing for period dresses. And one day, I went to ALDI and they had Disney fabric squares for really cheap. I bought them, and a friend help me find some 1950's vintage patterns. Hence a pretty dress for a pretty lady happened!

Also happened what I had mentioned before: that I felt that I should change Venezia a little bit, because I felt bad about Coco not being here. Add the fact that I hated, thoroughly hated, V's Iplehouse black wig. So, I made the following changes:
  • I had 3 pairs of urethane eyes: V's hazels, Coco's blues, and a brown pair that (someday!) is going to belong to Coco's sis, Chanel. So I tried the blues and they were a win-win.
  • Next, fast forward to November, with me wrestling with that damned wig, until partner popped up the question: "Do you want a new wig for Venezia for Xmas so you stop cursing?". He did not ask on a knee, but it was more than enough for me to jump with a "Damn yes!" answer. So her new wig is from @nadena_wig on Instagram. It is an angora wig, that costed me around A$97 with shipping. I think it fits her awesomly, and I really like how brig her face gets!
  • Also, expect a new profile photo and post on March after the interview (yes, it is already written and scheduled). There are no big changes, but Venezia is going to be an actress now. So I can sew all period dresses and attribute it to period movies/series. It works!
So, without further ado (and no more text until the end), here is a Minie Mouse 1950's dress, made following vintage patterns from an Aussie vintage magazine. Of course, had to adapt them to fit the cleavage this lady has.
















And this is all for today! The dress is going up for sale on my Etsy. Because I don't have space to have every single dress that I sew for her, and I already got bored of it. Plus, I need the money for a secret project, which is going to stop being secret in... two more weeks. Yes, another scheduled post.

Anyways, I am enjoying the parks here so much! There is another 1950's dress incoming after February's interview (yes, scheduled as well, pics already taken!). That one is Winnie Pooh-themed. And after that, I was thinking on a 1940's shirt+pants outfit. What do you think? Have a great weekend!

9 comments :

  1. I LOVE V's new look! That wig looks amazing on her. Also love the blue eyes. The dress is so cute, I'm sorry to hear you're not keeping it. I look forward to seeing the Winnie-the-Pooh dress and your other vintage-inspired outfit. Glad to see you're happy and keeping busy sewing for your girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm in love with the wig/eye combo on her!
      I'm not worried about not keeping the dress, I tend to get bored of them!

      Delete
  2. She looks wonderful - all the changes suit her perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not agree more - she looks so much better in her new wig! And the dress is amazing, like the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I loved that fabric -it was so cute!!

      Delete
  4. Venezia looks fantastic with her new look, I just love that wig on her. And the dress, it fits her so fabulously. ^__^ Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Yeah, the 1950's style really suits her!
      Happy you like it!

      Delete