Sunday 9 February 2020

A 1950's Winnie Pooh Dress

Hello everybody! Yes, I warned you last month that I was in a sewing streak that combined vintage patterns with Disney themed fabrics. Lo and behold another 1950's dress (again, original vintage patterns that were modified) but this time with a Winnie Pooh fabric. I absolute love it.

I don't know, but this "topic" for dresses feels so fun! The fabrics are cute and therefore fun to sew, so I had a great time with this. Plus, I had barely enough fabric for this dresses, so it was really a matter of placement. Especially on this one, because it has stripes and all the faces are pointing on the same direction, so I it was even more difficult and less optimal placing.

Anyways, enjoy a quick post with tons of pics! BTW, the dress is up for sale, though. I don't have space anymore to hoard them, and I need money for my not-so-secret-anymore project.

















And this is all! Honestly, with the last 1950's dresses I had the same thing happening: I had so many pretty pics that I had to filter them twice. I'm getting better with my composition and I really like that :D Also, I'm getting better at manual focus (these are all auto-focus, though!).

Anyways, I hope you'll had a great weekend! Are you sewing anything or getting new clothes for your dolls?

11 comments :

  1. So sweet. (I'm tempted to say "Sew sweet".) Cute dress and the fabric is ADORABLE!

    I'm on a crochet kick. I haven't made anything from fabric in a long time. Seeing your dresses makes me want to get back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sew sweet!! Thank you!!
      Well, you have nothing to worry, your crochet is great!

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful dress and I love the fabric, the scale is perfect for your girls size.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks absolutely stunning in the 50's style of fashion! Love the fabric, on a dress like this it comes so modern and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! She does, I don't know why it suits her so much!
      I'm so happy you like it!

      Delete
  4. Great dress Musume, I've always loved Pooh bear! :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is so cute! And I love the accessories too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      My mom made those accesories long time ago, for her Etsy store, but they never sold. So I kept them for my dolls :D

      Delete
  6. Another beautiful 1050's dress! I love the cut, it fits her perfectly. I hope someone lucky will give this dress a good home. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I do hope so as well :)

      Delete