Sunday 19 July 2020

V's Portraits + Editing Fun

Hello everybody! Turns out, I was bored during lockdown around Easter, and decided to take some pics of Venezia with my Minolta 56mm. I wanted some casual look for her, but since changing a little her character (and selling tons of clothing before comming) she needed something new.

I first wanted to make a very bright pink shirt, and then take black and white photos and enhance the colours only... but that died quickly when my only pick fabric turned out to be terrible thick for a shirt.

So I went to surft for inspiration, and ended up in Iplehouse's website. I decided to mix a shape like this with colours like this, since I had a blue-ish light cotton, and also some gold trimming left from a past dress. Overall, the second shirt took me about 6 hours to finish (sewing by hand, of course), and then went to take pictures.

The photos are with my trusty Sony a6400, and most portraits are taken with the Minolta 56mm that I bargained last year from eBay (pros of being a very, very vintage lens from 1969), and some closeups with the Tamrom 35mm f2.8 macro that I got last year. Totally recommend the latter if you own a Sony E-Mount camera! It is pure perfection for photos!

So, here is a first picture, more ramblings and photos under the cut.









Now the fun part. Editing is key in photography, so I first started with the picture you see below. Then I came up with 6 different styles, and ended up picking the one I liked the most. After that, I reproduced that style in all the pictures. Which one is your favorite? To me, top-left and bottom-right are my favorites, though the black&white is also very nice.




And finally, here are some closeups with the Tamrom. I know, the beads and the trimming are not symmetric, but oh well. It looks good enough, and I honestly like how that clothing style suits her!






This was all for today, I do hope you liked my ramblings. I apologize for not making more videos about photography. I was going to be lent a camera to record that, but... you know, lockdowns. Oh my. Anyways, I hope I can do it eventually!

8 comments :

  1. You did a great job of capturing the essence of the two referenced Iplehouse blouses. It looks really pretty on her. All your photos are brilliant. Oddly enough, my favorite among the six photos you edited for color is the middle photo in the top row, where the color has been minimized but not completely removed and still shows some warmth. Despite its subtle coloration, the eyes are still bright enough to capture our attention. I wish my Canon could take sharp close-ups like this. Next time I need to replace my camera I'll spend more time researching first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so happy you like my photos <3
      Now that you mention, I should do more de-saturated photos like that one! I think V would look great. Well, she looks awesome in anything xD
      It is not your Canon (body of the camera), it is probably the lens you are using!

      Delete
  2. What a great job you did of the blouse and to think that it's all done by hand! I admire that you're able to make such a neat job of it, and of course it suits her perfectly.
    My favourite photos I think would be the top left and bottom left, I just like the colouring of those two :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Yes, I did it all by hand :D
      Ohh, bottom left is a great one in my opinion!!

      Delete
  3. She looks great and the photos you took are beautiful. So is the editing. I like the black and white one and then the one with the ice blue tone.
    Love her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, B&W looks great on many photos!
      Happy you like the outfit!

      Delete
  4. Beuatiful photos! To be truth, I like the first photos without any editing the most. And from the six after some edition - the bottom-right. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, but all of the photos are edited! I never upload anything without editing. But a more natural edi was nice here!

      Delete