Sunday 22 November 2020

ClockworkFaery Sprites + Coolcat Shoes

So Kanon was coming, I had money in Paypal for doll affairs, and have a weakness for pretty doll shoes. ClockworkFaery Sprites (for now, Alice and Moriko) fit Blythe shoes, but her feet are a bit thinner than Blythes, and a tad larger that Middie Blythe. So, when I found Coolcat shoes, being so appropriately priced, I decided to splurge. I purchased 6 pairs of shoes, and got one free along with a pair of socks. I added another Lati-sized shoe I had on the mix... and here is the reference post!

Have a group shot, and more info under the cut.





Bunny Ankle Boots


Size: Blythe
Etsy: [here]
Colour: White
I got this in white. This ankle boots do not have any fastening so they need to be a bit looser in order to slide the foot in. Nonetheless, they fit LatiYellow foot perfectly. For ClockworkFaery Sprites, you need to put some socks in, so that they are not that loose. The loose fit is width-wise, they are fine in terms of length.



Holly Mini Shoes


Size: Blythe
Etsy: [here]
Colour: Yellow (5)
These are lovely and the strap is a very, very thin strap that can be manually adjusted. I was very challenging trying to fasten the damn thing on my doll's foot, but if you tighten it too much before putting them on... they won't go over the ankle. I fill these are fine in terms of length and width, but probably need thin socks.



School Shoes


Size: Blythe
Etsy: [here]
Colour: Brown
These were the gift pair, with the gift socks. It is a "school girl" look. It fits perfectly on LatiYellow dolls, but it is very wide on ClockworkFaery Sprites. However, I think it looks quite good with the socks on. Anyways, in my opinion this is a look meant to be worn with socks, so it looks great anyways!



Loli Boots




Size: Blythe, heeled.
Etsy: [here]
Colour: White
I got this crossing my finger that the heel would work anyways, and it does!! As you can see they are knee high, thin and pretty. They are so thin that don't need any sock to be there, but her feet movement is quite limited. I only managed to get her standing on the two positions you can see in the photos. Works for me, though! Be advised that you'll need to lace up and down the whole boot in order to get the feet in or out.



Kitten Mini Shoes


Size: Bltyhe
Etsy: [here]
Colour: Pink (NOT the "Deep Pink")
What can I say? Kitty shoes! These fit nicely and are a tad wider, otherwise, they would be an awesome fit. You definitely need to unbuckle the anckle strap to get them in an out, but this one was quite easy to tighten. Because og the strap, the doll has a lot of stability in this pair. They do fit LatiYellow wonderfully, with no gaps.



Short Boots


Size: Blythe
Etsy: [here]
Colour: Sky Blye
This is another laced pair. It is not heeled and fits her perfectly, mostly because you can just tighten the lacing as much as you need. You can definitely put some socks or panties underneath and they'll still fit!



Cowgirl Short Boots


Size: Blythe
Link: [here]
Colour: Brown+White
These are a nice fit, the foot looks great... but she CANNOT STAND. This happens because, as you can see in the photos, the boots are crooked. They are inclined towards the front, so the leg ends up in a very weird angle, and she bends forwards and falls. It is like a defect on the design of the shoes, honestly. I will see if I can somehow cut the heel, because the boots are very lovely!



Work Boots


Size: Lati Yellow
Store: Unknown, possibly Mimiwoo
I am completely unaware of the true origins of this pair. I bought them second hand in 2014, so my best guess is that they are either Mimiwoo, Alice Collections, or random seller on Ebay. They are thicker, the fastening cord is thicker and not that nice, but they fit nicely. They had kind of a "working boot" look, so even if they fit okay, I think that putting socks would improve the look.



Anyways, Kanon is now tow-to-toe with Venezia (pun intended), checking who has more shoes! I'm definitely going to get more for Kanon in the future, mostly because I found two more affordable stores that I want to try. And she still needs to get some sneakers. I hope you liked this post, and feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I know there is little info on this dolls out there, and I'm trying to help!

6 comments :

  1. What a lovely haul. I am waiting for the holly minis in white. I sometimes look at tiny shoes like this and ask myself how people manage to make them.. Especially those with ultra-tiny eyelets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I honestly have no clue how they make them, they are soooo tiny!

      Delete
  2. OMG, so many beautiful shoes... I can't decide which pair I like the most. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think my fave are the white boots!

      Delete
  3. Aah, shoes! I can never get enough! Such a pretty collection of them. I really like the Kitten Minis and Cowgirl boots! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!!! Yes, I loved this collection!

      Delete