Friday 19 March 2021

I did a thing... new fairy incoming!

Hello~!!! So, for a while I've been eyeing tiny dolls to enlarge the fairy crew. I actually have several of them planned... and now I finally got the first one of them! So when I intervieweed Frappzilla about their dolls (read it here) I found out she was prepping a sheep-like doll, in a nice size as well!

The doll in question is a FrappzillaDolls Bloom Poppy Chesterfield. Let me break it down. Bloom is a kit-like line of about 14cm tall, that are made in 3D-printed resin, and sold very cheaply as a kit to work on. Poppy Chesterfield is the name of the sculpt. These Blooms are very, very affordable. Poppy was 65 USD, and it was sold out in less than 8min. I am very thankful to Frappzilla, because she did a special release for those of us Down Under that are at a completely insane hour compared to the rest of the world.

Okay, so here is a picture of the doll, and more rants/plans below!



I basically got my Poppy like this:
  • Choco Milk skin (the dark tan) [link here]
  • With milk-white horns [link here]
  • Only the smiling face (the tongue-out wasn't my cup of tea)
  • And the Mama Frapp eyes in Pasture (greenish) [link here]


What about her character? Well, you know that the whole story are fairies and the animal is related to the profession they have (namely, what they do as fairies). Since she is a sheep... and you count sheeps to sleep... get it? She will be a Dream Fairy! And her name will be Sandy, because I *love* the Sandman in the movie "Rise of the Guardians". The one below:



So, because she is a kit, I will probably make some videos about customising her. Probably a box opening in photos, and then sanding/stringing, posability/size review, faceup (maybe?).

I am having troubles with the wig, though. She uses about 4.2" which I believe is PukiPuki size... but I haven't been able to find anything. What I found is mohair and I effing *hate* mohair--the few wigs I had of that were all disgusting. I wanted fiber, but can't find anything decent. I was thinking I could do something very curly, but am unsure about what type of wool I could use for that, honestly. Do you have any suggestions?

Anyways, that's it! Cheapest doll I own (besides the dragons, you can't beat USD15 per dragon!), the purchase was about USD 85 (shipping included!!). And Frappzilla releases monthly. I know she will do a dragon-taur, but I'm guessing that one is going to disappear in less than a minute, for sure. Anyways, quite happy about having another fairy joining Cookie and Merry! I'm planning to make a load of pajamas for her :D

6 comments :

  1. Congratulations for your new Bloom! Exiting plans for the Dream Fairy <3 I love the plan already! I like the Frappzilla Blooms a lot and even if I didn't want one this time I'm gonna see a lot of them as my friends purchased some. :) Fantastic to see all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! The Blooms are adorable, you should try to get one! The only bad thing about them is how fast they are sold out.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! What fun would it be if we wouldn't be completely insane from time to time :D. Can't wait to see more of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly!! But she is lovely and can't wait to have her here!

      Delete
  3. Look forward to meeting her, such an adorable little one. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete