Sunday 9 May 2021

Photography Challenge!

Hello everybody! Today I want to share the Photography Challenge that I designed! The idea is not just a topic, but to practice something of photography, with a topic, and a type of edit. You can always stick to the same type of edit (for example, black and white) if you want, or redo it in another type. So there will be variety!

It works like this: first, you pick a type of photo (for example, "from above"), second you pick the topic (i.e. "fashionable"), then a type of edit ("black and white"). And that's it! You need to take a picture of your doll, fashionably dressed (or in a fashion-like pose), from above, and edit it to be black and white.

Here are all the topics you have, and there is an example below the cut!



So, my photo is bokeh, perpestive and pop-up. Here is the photo, and the photography rant below:


This time I'm not sharing the before-and-after edit, because it is quite straightforward. However, I shooted this one on a tripod. I was trying my new lens, a Minolta 200mm f3.5; however, I still need to explore that lens a bit more, so the photo wasn't great. I then switched to my trusty Carl Zeiss Jena 75-300mm.

Here is a photo of my camera setup, so you can see how far away I was, and the location without being framed. For "perspective", I tried to capture both the front pillars and the back ones as well:


The problem that I am having with that Minolta 200mm and the Carl Zeiss Jena, is that it falls. The lenses are so large and heavy, that they slowly slide away from the position in the lens. And I think the Minolta needs to be a bit steadier than this one.

Anyways, I hope you can join the challenge! There is not time limit or anything, and you can run it however you want!

2 comments :

  1. Lovely to see how it looks behind the photos with your camera and settings. Beautiful photo! Good luck with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I really liked this photo, and sharing the behind the scenes is great!

      Delete