Wednesday 12 May 2021

Unexpected Arrival ~ A Blythe!

Hello everybody! Well, unexpectedly, I was gifted a Takara Blythe. I honestly wasn't expecting this, but oh well. Welcome to the jungle! Errr~ the Blythe world. I know I have a couple of followers that would enjoy blythe content on my blog as well. I'm not giving up on BJDs, this is just an addition.

She is actually an original Takara, named "Neo Blythe White Magic Night", and it is from 2005. She was unopened, so it felt weird to open her box (her clothes did smell a bit to unused/stored toy), but I was surprised by everything she came with. Even a stand! And the Certificate of Authenticity had a little story about a bird and, guess what, she came with a bird as well! Anyways, here is she, and then, the opening is under the cut.


Okay, so honestly, the box was unopened! After 15 years! Here are some closeups. And you can see that it had like a "door" mechanism so you can store the dool inside and see her from the outside. I understand that is how she was displayed.






When I managed to get the box out (it is an inner box, as you'll see below)... it turns out everything was held together with some cords, and tape, and aghh! I didn't want to damage the box, so ended up cutting the tape with a lot of precision. And I forgot to take more pics, so you have everything inside, and everything outside xD




Let me make a remark about the hair--greasy. I don't know why, but it is very greasy. I do prefer this rather than extremely dry, but I will be definitely washing the hell out of it! Also, the eye mechanism is great. I wish BJDs had such an easy way of changing the eyes! Anyways, here is the certificate and a final closeup:





I decided to go out of my way with weird names, and named her Hope. I think it is a very suitable name for her. I will be customising her--I know she is a Takara, but I will do so anyways. I did get a Pureneemo original body to change her, but will keep the original as well. And of course! I will use ResinRapture's eyes!

In the meantime, I have decided to split my instagrams. So @musume.desu will be forever BJDs, but I have created @musumesblythes as well, and I will put my Blythe-related content there. Kanon may make an appearance on each of them, since she is mostly that size. Also, since there is a lot of Blythe collectors in Spain, I will be doing EN/ES in that Blythe-related Instagram, to connect with people.

So you can expect some comparison with Kanon now (ClockworkFaeryCo Sprite Alice), and then my journey customising the Blythe. I won't make any tutorial--there are plenty. But I will definitely share some content! I hope you don't mind, in any case, it will be properly tagged.

Anywaysm have a good one!

4 comments :

  1. Oh congrats! I commented on Insta and forgot to go here. I've seen what you've done with her, and I am curious if the Blythes get you hooked. Blythe carving is one of the things that actually still interests me after the first excitement of getting something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I honestly loved the carving, I'm just annoyed that the postal service hasn't brought the body or the chips yet D: But honestly, the size is great! (I know that because of Kanon!).

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, such a great surprise in the mail! Congrats! She is beautiful, even if I do like the Blythes with a matte face instead of the shiny ones. Hope that you are happy with your new doll in your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! I really like her. I have customised and carved the face, so I will share photos soon :D

      Delete