Sunday 10 July 2022

Gutermann Dragons!

In case you don't know, there is this store called Aldi in Australia that often sells incredibly good stuff at outrageously cheap prices. Like this boxset of 80 Gutermann Threads at AUD 79. Picture me realoding the website at 8:30am on a Saturday and getting the threads straight away--that was slightly less than AUD1 per roll! WHAT EVEN?? And it came in this beutiful aluminum box with an vintage-style drawing.

I'm going to have threads for several years though... scratch that, probably, the next thing I want to sew will need a shade that is not available in that box. I'm sure of it! Nevermind me, the dragons wanted to play, and I thought it was a great opportunity for macro, close up photos...



Anyways, I'm trying to practice blurring things both at the front and the back, so you'll see quite a lot of that in these photos...





As you can see, these are actually Gutermann threads! They were up last year as well, but only in-person in the store and when I went there, only their shadows remained, ha! This year, Aldi has been adding only versions for this "Special Buys" as they call them, and I was able to fetch the threads. I'm *so* happy honestly!





Apologies that I don't have more to share. Anyways, I really liked how bright these photos turned out! (and how cheap the threads were! I should've purchased two sets, though).

6 comments :

  1. We have an Aldi's here in the US, but it is mostly food. Guterman thread is great, and I love all those beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In here it is food, but every Wednesday they do these "special buys" and you can get amazing stuff very cheap!
      Happy you like the colours!

      Delete
  2. Aldi is almost everywhere, I think. I must have missed this special buy, or they don't offer the same stuff everywhere. But they do offer yarn every year, just not Gutermann. The colors look lovely! I hope they inspire you to sew lots of colorful new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen them offer yarn here as well, but never Gutermann yarn, to be honest. Perhaps the Specials are not the same everywhere?

      Delete
  3. Oh my, do I envy your Gutermann threads! Such a beautiful bunch of colors! Nice photos with the blurring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I know! And they were so cheap!

      Delete