Sunday 18 September 2022

Cookie Tamed a Griffin

Well, if we are talking about it chronologically, she really didn't tame it now, because I have had this griffin doll for years even before relocating overseas. It was gifted to me, and I added the wings. 2018, to be more correct as evidenced here. Damn, time flies (quite literally, for this winged fellow over here).

So, I went to the park and popped Cookie around with this one (who lacks a name, or I forgot the name I had given him) on different trunks. It was quite funny because there was this terrible wing (this city is awfully windy), but it moved the feathers and it actually looked quite natural! I used the Minolta 50mm for this photoshoot (I had to clean it, it was shameful) at f2, which is why the bokeh is not perfectly circular. Anyways, let's fly!





Look at the one below! Mushrooms everywhere! Picture me tiptoeing around the turnk, snaping a good ~100 photos with my camera's hi-speed, and then running off because the mushrooms scared the shit of me. Completely rational behaviour explained by me reading a Tumblr post a few days prior, who was saying that a particular mushroom poisons only by sniffing at it--and given I couldn't recall which one was it... well... I'm not a wildlife/nature photographer!



The above is, however, me favourite. Here are others with a "flying griffin":







And finally, standing side by side... it almost looks as if they are looking at each other!

4 comments :

  1. The photos are lovely! Cookie is definitely enjoying her griffin ride. :) I really don't pay attention to bokeh shape, I just like the effect itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love the effect as well!

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures! The griffin looks quite tame, so cookie should be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Indeed, it has that tamed down character!

      Delete