Sunday 5 February 2023

Dragons In a Garden

These photos belong to another set of a little magical garden I found... in a wedding venue. No, I did not attend a wedding, but this garden is often used as such. It had all these little places that were great, and I was running around (as usual), wrestling with the dragons and a few lenses (again, as usual), doing camera yoga (all too common). Thankfully, it was quite quiet, so there was no need to ignore people.

As before, I did some "sets" of photos that aren't worth dividing into smaller posts, so I'm just going to make some comments between them. All of these were taken with my Minolta 58mm f1.4, adepted to my Sony a7riv. So, manual shooting on all of them. The sharpness of this lens (circa 1973) is damn impressive, if you ask me!



I have a thing with taking wide-angle (or somewhat wide-angle) photos from a near-ground angle, centring the dragons and getting a nice perspective of the whole thing around them. Here are a few photos on that style, in different places (including the one above, my favourite):



Then, I also found weird stuff here, like a large beer barrel used as a table, and a very contorted tree--apologies, that one is a macro because it was riddled with spiderwebs and I was having none of it.





And of course, it wouldn't be a garden without flowers and plants. For the flowers, I wanted to make edits that would pop-up that particular colour, while for the greens I gave it that gaze with Lightroom. Also, that pine is real. I've never seen a *real* pine before, and it looked so plastic-y! Goodness, I couldn't stop giggling because it looked so fake! Ha!







6 comments :

  1. Seems to be a beautiful location for pictures. Your little dragons look like wedding guests in all their painted finery. I love the edits on this, the soft blurred background and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed!! There were so many lovely spots to take photos! Happy you liked the edits, this is one of my fave sets!

      Delete
  2. I see you are continuing to "lay down on the job" Musume. LOL! It pays off though, great snaps! I wish I could get down to that level to take photos. I love your little dragons they make a great subject.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Camera-yoga for the win! Ha! I have so many snapshots (taken by partner) of myself in weird poses while holding a camera with an ungodly large lens and aiming for minuscule dolls!

      Delete
  3. Pine can really look odd at the first sight. I know that the moose and deer really love the first light green twigs, so if I want to take photos of those twigs I need to be fast. :D Love the photos, lovely place you found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly! It looked like plastic!
      Happy you liked the photos :D

      Delete