Sunday 19 March 2023

Dragons' Chess, Take Two

Not quite sure if you remember... but Eiar (green) and Theros (pink) are quite keen to play chess. Turns out, I found a garden with a gigantic chess! (For comparison, the "king" piece reached my hips!). Anyways, there isn't much to this post except the dragons having another go at it, and me crouching into insane angles because the bokeh was stunning.









For those interested, I took these with my only "modern" lens, a Tamron 35mm f2.8 macro 1:2--hence why the angle was so wide and I managed to get so close yet capture so much of the surroundings.

9 comments :

  1. Where were the photos taken Musume? That chess set is awesome, I agree with Linda, it's a great spot for photo opportunities.
    Big hugs.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a garden, actually, here in Australia. The chess set was huge (for size reference, each piece was as tall as a table).

      Delete
  2. Stunning photos. I always love to see these chess pieces in the parks although we don't really have them here. I am glad to see you have still been posting. It's nice to come back to those old blogs that I remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeah, they are quite uncommon. Some of these were broken, so I tried to aim to another angle. I think that's probably why--people will break them =S

      Delete
  3. I don't know how I missed this post. Fun idea! I wish there was something like this near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This park was lovely, indeed! I haven't found another location as pretty.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much!!! They had, and it was quite funny indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for photos! I know that some parks near our cottage have some large chess boards too. Kids usually love them and I have seen adults have a serious game time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This was so fun to actually use!

      Delete