Sunday 28 May 2023

A Flare for Kitty Cookie

Hello all! Today I have a new set of photos to show you. In particular, I was trying to get a hold of some flare effects and trying to learn how to purposefully achieve one. So, delightfully, I even managed to get two mini rainbows! I know, it is *barely there*, but it is there and I squealed in joy when I saw it! There are more under the cut!



Well, what I managed to learn from doing the flares, is that you need to aim the camera towards the source of light but not directly--say, it has to be on the upper leftmost corner, but not right in the centre. Then, the source of light had to be partially covered (in my case, by the tree branches). Because of that, I also toyed with the rule of thirds and a lot of negative space. What can I say? Tree-made bokeh is amazing!

Here is another one with flare and rainbows--I honestly not sure how I managed to get the rainbow.



Then, there is a bunch of bokeh photos with high contrast, but I loved them all and couldn't decide. I'll try to put only one per set.







And the last two, playing with a feather and a little branch that I found on the park.



4 comments :

  1. It's great that you try to achieve the effect with photography, not Photoshop. Well done! My favorite is the last one, but then I am one for angles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love those angles and negative space well used. It's so much fun to tweak and shoot!

      Delete
  2. Good job with the flares and bookeh.The photos turned out great. I would love to try this one day. When I have time ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! However, it needs time; it took me a while of squatting here and there, tweaking the camera, squatting again, tweaking the doll, the angle, etc., until I managed to actually get the flare--and I rapid shot the max amount the camera allowed, ha!

      Delete