Sunday 3 September 2023

Hope in Pink

This is actually an old dress I did for Kanon, so it doesn't really fit Hope's thicker neck (the rest is fine, though).

Now, the problem with this photoshoot is that it was a particularly cold and windy day--but there was sun. You know, that good, shiny, unclouded sky that seldom happens in winter. Fastforwards to the second photo, and there I wass, beneath a puffer jacket and a thick beanie, shivering like a madwoman and with a hand so cold it was starting to get red. I had to go to a coffee shop and get a takeaway tea just to curl my fingers around something and continue taking photos.

In any case, some of the photos are nice, and I wanted to share them!



These two here are kind of a "subset" I took near a plan that perfectly matched Hope's dress--and I really like them!





And this last mini-set. There is not much difference in time, just about ~15 mins or so, but the sun began setting in that span, hence the gold light. (Also it was warmer near the sunlight, so I had to make it work).

6 comments :

  1. Hi Musume! Your photos look lovely, they were worth it. Hope looks lovely in that dress, and you can't really tell that it doesn't fit well around her neck. I love the print that you chose; it works perfectly in doll scale.
    Wish you a lovely new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Oh, thank you so much, it was a freezing day but the photos turned out so lovely! It is *so* difficult to find properly-sized prints, honestly!

      Delete
  2. I agree with MC, that dress looks beautiful on Hope, I think pink is her colour. I love how your words painted a great picture of an early Melbourne spring day even before we got to see all your gorgeous photos. LOL!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also think pink suits her so well! Perhaps it's because her makeup is pink-ish, and the hair colour is warmer. Oh goodness, this winter has been relentless, and I can't wait for it to be over!

      Delete
  3. The dress looks lovely on Hope and I agree with both above that she suits in pink and that the photos turned out great.
    Hope that you get some warmer weather soon. Over here it is slowly turning to Autumn and colder days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's getting warmer slowly, honestly!

      Delete