Thursday 9 July 2015

New Design!

Hey there everyone! If you follow me on Twitter, you probably know I have been working on a new layout for my blog. Otherwise... surprise! :D

A couple weeks ago I was bitten by the I-dislike-my-blog-layout bug, and decided that I wanted to change the appearance of the blog, and do something a little more professional. After hunting several templates sites, I wasn't able to find anything that suited my taste so... why not to use my 8-years programming experience to set my own blog template?

And so, I went ahead and tried to make a responsive/adjustable layout. After a lot of headaches, problems, learning and more... here it is! So, I want to ask you that if you browse on mobile or tablets, please, tell me if something is wrong, if there is something you would like to see/not-see on those devices. Except for the Etsy widget, no way that thing would resize automatically. The G+ widget also laughed at me.

EDIT: Mobile may be having problems. In theory, a cellphone should not display the sidebar.

Regarding the Interviews, I know some of the tables may be out of proportion, with one column being bigger than the other. That is a consequence of how I used to work those tables, and I need to go through each interview, one by one, to fix that. And at the moment of writing this, I'm so worn out and anxious to show the layout!

And regarding the new post category References, currently you wont see anything but, once again, I need to go through my posts and add that label. Hopefully will be working on a couple days.

Finally, the Blogroll is now a carousel, so the banners move automatically (it can also be dragged, also supposedly with touchscreens) so the buttons move and do not collapse the blog. If we had exchanged buttons, feel free to check it! Otherwise, contact me: I have removed several blogs inactive for more than a year. 

To say goodbye, for now, here is a pic of Coco sporting the new set that we just updated on Etsy!

8 comments :

  1. Oh the new layout design looks awesome! ^^

    Hmm my iPhone does show the sidebar, but the layout is quite "crushed" sideways >.< And the header banner doesn't show properly either, a part of it is missing, I think (compared to the view on my computer). Hope you'll find solution to how to get the design look good on mobile devices as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      And also thank you so much for the feedback, it was useful! I just tried it on my Android phone, and now it should be displaying properly, only showing the posts on full width. If you try again, please let me know!

      Delete
    2. No problem dear! I tried again on my phone and it looks a lot better now, the header and journal posts seem to be scaled correctly to fit the phone screen :) Also, the sidebar doesn't show up at all now, but I think that's what you wanted, right?

      Delete
    3. Thank you for trying and letting me know!
      Yes, the idea was to not show the sidebar on phones or small resolution screens :D

      Delete
  2. WOW!!! El nuevo diseño del blog se ve fantástico. Has hecho un trabajo genial. Te felicito. En mi Tablet se ve súper bien. Me encanta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! Me alegro mucho que haya gustado :D

      Delete
  3. When I first noticed the post on Twitter, it wasn't working on my mobile, but I haven't checked it since. It looks great here though! Nice job! Coco is also looking quite adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I had some issues and it was late at night, so I decided to fix it next day.
      Happy it is working and you like it!

      Delete