Sunday 26 June 2022

Hope's Period Dress!

Hello all! I finally made a new period dress! After years! I can't believe it honestly. I had so much fun sewing this dress and it was very, very challenging! Sadly, when I went to take photos the wind was at like 25km/h, my ears were ringing, and Hope couldn't remain standing. So, sadly, I'm applying the rule of "the prettier the dress the crappier the photos".



The bodice, oh my, I had to made it mostly by hand because it was so tiny it wouldn't fit on the machine and I kept screwing it. Also, I did add a small petticoat. It was short, up to the knee only, and it was the one I used on this dress. It fit, it gave the skirt the shape I wanted/needed... why bother doing another? xD







Anyways, I will try to get more photos of her with this outfit, because I really, really love it!

4 comments :

  1. I can imagine it was challenging, but well worth it. Lovely dress. Is that a statue of a grazing horse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was challenging indeed! Yes, that's the statue. It's quite small, so it looked well. Anyways, I thought the reflections looked nice.

      Delete
  2. This dress is darling. I recently worked on a handsewn bodice for an Obitsu 11 size doll, so I can relate to how difficult that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm very happy you like it--I can imagine that sewing for an Obitsu11 was challenging!

      Delete